Ignore List

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
In reading the thread about Cable Cars Coming to SD it would appear that I have someone on ignore as I can only see their posts when quoted by another poster.
I'm puzzled because I've never felt the need to put anyone on ignore, and when I click on "edit ignore list" in my settings the list is blank.
Any thoughts?

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
No, not deleted. In fact it is a moderator quoting the invisible (to me) post, as well as others quoting other posts that I can't see.
If I do a search by his user name no posts appear, not even the ones quoted in the Cable Car thread, and this person has a long history on DR1.:disappoin

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I don't know, does it work two ways? I thought if you use the ignore function it just means that you can't see what the "ignored" person has posted, not that they also can't see your posts.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i'm pretty sure it's jdjones you are talking about. his account was lost and restored but all the previous posts are gone unless quoted.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
I don't know, does it work two ways? I thought if you use the ignore function it just means that you can't see what the "ignored" person has posted, not that they also can't see your posts.

There usta was a poster that said over and over again that he had me on ignore, but then he would always quote my posts back to me. I never did figure out the ignore thing. If Bronxie cannot figure it out for you there is probably no hope thatanyone can.
Der Fish

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
posters cannot see posts by those on ignored list but they can see when others quote said posts. hence, if they have quoting figured out they can use the feature.

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
i'm pretty sure it's jdjones you are talking about. his account was lost and restored but all the previous posts are gone unless quoted.

Yes it was JDJones' posts that I was referring to. Thanks for clearing that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.