Finding an Apartment for this Winter

fifilein

Mar 24, 2011
Hey Guys,

so, I am getting a bit tired of Sosua and want to spend the winter on the East Coast. I got a few questions and hope you can help me.

1) Cost for a nice 1BR/1BA somewhat close to the beach/center

I don't care about sea view, but I like to be able to get around with a bicycle and if possible walking distance to the beach.
Western style Condo and safe would be nice.

2) How do I get around finding one?

I was planing on coming over, spending a few days, talking to a few Real Estate agents and get shown some apartments.
I guess no central database for apartments, or? Do you have a few links to RE who could help me?

3) Short term accomodation for my stay?

VRBO would have been my friend here, but if someone has a good sugggestion please drop me a mail.

Thanks a lot for your help,

best regards
Chris

Jan 7, 2016
PM me and I can provide you the name, phone number and email addresses for a couple of agents (both English speaking) here in Bavaro.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
Count on $400-500/month to start for 1BR in Los Corales, which puts you near (~2 blocks) the beach. Nicer buildings and gated communities will be more. The closer to the beach, the higher the price.

Syork

Sep 5, 2004
Count on $400-500/month to start for 1BR in Los Corales, which puts you near (~2 blocks) the beach. Nicer buildings and gated communities will be more. The closer to the beach, the higher the price.

Check out the Golf Suites at Cocotal. We have lived there the past three winters and really like it. It is more expensive but, to us, worth the price. Gated community and very good security-close to shopping and you can ride your bike to the beach.

Good luck!