Alex Rodriguez last baseball game is this Friday

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
After being caught doping, missing a year, and completely losing his eye for hitting the baseball, Alex Rodriquez will play his last game in Florida this coming Friday. What a talent, what a problem.

Good news for the Yankees, as it opens up a spot to find a good player. Too bad Mike Trout is not available.

The Yankees essentially threw in the towel this season trading away a group of players for younger prospects before the trade deadline.
Now for releasing CC Sabathia.....

Next year? Go Yankees.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Poor Alice. My Red Sox Nation heart bleeds. PayFraud just never really lived up to his prodigious talent.

I have always thought that if the initial trade from Texas to Boston had worked out (the one the players' union vetoed bc of the way the $$ was structured), Alice could have been a different player. He would have been managed by Francona, and I don't think the Red Sox team of 2003-2004 ----the Bunch of Idiots ---- would have put up with his malarkey.

I am no Derek Jeter fan, but I always respected the way he shut up and played. I think Alice having to play at third instead of short really messed with his (already fragile) ego. And when they were playing together it always looked to me like every time a ball was hit into the infield, you could see Jeter thinking, "Hit it to me! Hit it to me!" while Alice was thinking, "Hit it to Jeter! Hit it to Jeter!"

It does open up possibilities for the MFYs. And I agree; they need to lose that lump of lard that embarrasses himself on the pitcher's mound.

Last edited:

bonao99

Jun 11, 2005
"PayFraud just never really lived up to his prodigious talent."

Talent was always there. His HS numbers said so, What these guys are looking is beyond normal and
a guarantee to Hall of Fame and to break Home Run, RBI and such records
in my opinion Jeter in any other team is just an average player.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
I suppose Alex really had no talent. The drugs alone must have done it. Here is the proof:

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/a...ezs-historically-great-career-by-the-numbers/

Of course I hate The Red Sucks like no other team.

Why the hate? I don't hate the MFYs.

I could say I hate the Chicago "Black" Sox for throwing the 1919 World Series. Or I could hate baseball's blatant segregation (and Tom Yawkey, long ago owner of the BoSox, was the worst offender, which I freely admit.)
But what's the point? Following sports has absolutely no redeeming value. It's just fun; it's being a bystander to competition. When fans of whatever team talk about "we," it's ridiculous. "We" are not on the field; "We" don't get hit in the groin by 98-mph fastballs; "We" don't get hit by 300 lb. noseguards or rightguards (I don't care about American football, or "futbol.") "We" (or maybe it's just "I" ) have never made $25 million to play a game we love 162 times a year.

It's just sort of a socially acceptable way of ritualizing competition/violence/community.

Last edited:

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
in my opinion Jeter in any other team is just an average player.

THANK YOU! He had absolutely no range to his left.

But as I will always say, I give the guy props for his shut-up-and-play work ethic.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Alex will be staying on with the Yankees for one more year as an advisor. They will pay him his salary of 21 million.
Not too shabby.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Poor Alice. My Red Sox Nation heart bleeds. PayFraud just never really lived up to his prodigious talent.

I have always thought that if the initial trade from Texas to Boston had worked out (the one the players' union vetoed bc of the way the $$ was structured), Alice could have been a different player. He would have been managed by Francona, and I don't think the Red Sox team of 2003-2004 ----the Bunch of Idiots ---- would have put up with his malarkey.

I am no Derek Jeter fan, but I always respected the way he shut up and played. I think Alice having to play at third instead of short really messed with his (already fragile) ego. And when they were playing together it always looked to me like every time a ball was hit into the infield, you could see Jeter thinking, "Hit it to me! Hit it to me!" while Alice was thinking, "Hit it to Jeter! Hit it to Jeter!"

It does open up possibilities for the MFYs. And I agree; they need to lose that lump of lard that embarrasses himself on the pitcher's mound.

I understand your slant being a SAAWkS fan. A-Rod is a Super Star, despite his current woes. If he wasn't juicing he might have been the greatest all round player that ever played the game. His ego got in way many times and being a Dominican he had easy access to PEDs. His numbers aree Hall of Fame worthy but he will never, ever get a place there. He decided that money was more important then his legacy and he has paid the price. Alex will still be part of the Yankee family and you will probably see him in the Fall on Fox Sports. A-Rod is his own worst enemy and best friend. He was certainly talented but his time is over and now the Yankees can move on and so can he.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
A-Rod's time has come!

On Friday Alex Rodriguez and the NY Yankees announced A-Rod will play his last game this Friday. The Yankee brass decided that A-Rods was no longer a productive player and added very little to the current Yankee team which is trying to put younger players on the field. It was a win-win for A-Rod, the Yankees and the fans. A-Rod retires with some dignity left and the NY Yankees can move away from the daily drama and move on with younger players and the fans will hopefully get a younger, faster and stronger team in 2017. Good luck A-Rod, go in peace.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Why the hate? I don't hate the MFYs.

I could say I hate the Chicago "Black" Sox for throwing the 1919 World Series. Or I could hate baseball's blatant segregation (and Tom Yawkey, long ago owner of the BoSox, was the worst offender, which I freely admit.)
But what's the point? Following sports has absolutely no redeeming value. It's just fun; it's being a bystander to competition. When fans of whatever team talk about "we," it's ridiculous. "We" are not on the field; "We" don't get hit in the groin by 98-mph fastballs; "We" don't get hit by 300 lb. noseguards or rightguards (I don't care about American football, or "futbol.") "We" (or maybe it's just "I" ) have never made $25 million to play a game we love 162 times a year.

It's just sort of a socially acceptable way of ritualizing competition/violence/community.

Why do I hate the Red Sucks? Because. It is simply what Yankee fans do.

Hey, even I like Big Poppi, but they have had some of the least likeable players over the years.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Why do I hate the Red Sucks? Because. It is simply what Yankee fans do.

Hey, even I like Big Poppi, but they have had some of the least likeable players over the years.

At least the chowder and lobsters are great. Lol

kapitan75

Jun 3, 2005
Dont let da doorknob hit him where the sun dont shine!

The douchiness of Arod.... very much a douche that didnt care much for the average fan, or anyone else. I know from multiple encounters with the yankees and othe ball players.

I mean, who pees in their own cousins living room?

Other players like jeter, rivera, etc ... very good with the fans, they can stay out of the light, no controversy.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
At least the chowder and lobsters are great. Lol

And for that I like going to "The Cape".

Please do take a look at all of the all time best lists that AROD was on. Then tell me how many Red Sucks players are also on those same lists.
AROD could have been one of the top three players of all time, if not the top, but he had to do more using banned substances, and got less.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/a...ezs-historically-great-career-by-the-numbers/

Do tell me how many Boston players made each of those lists while AROD was on every one of them.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Phil Mushnick NY Post

This Alex Rodriguez the Yanks yesterday gave such a fond, respectful, special-man farewell news conference? He?s not the same lying, drug-enabled Alex Rodriguez the Yanks wanted to get out and stay out, just two years ago, is he? Nah; can?t be. Must be two different guys with the same name.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Meemselle, the "hate" for Boston I refer to is not intense hatred. Not like the hate I have for Hillary Clinton, for example. It is more of an intense dislike based upon former Boston players such as Kevin Useless and Curt Shill(ing), and Clay Buchwad. Dustin Pedroia has one of those looks, that as Yankee fan, you just want give a friendly slap. I know these sentiments run both ways for many Boston fans regarding the Yankees.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Alex will be staying on with the Yankees for one more year as an advisor. They will pay him his salary of 21 million.
Not too shabby.

20 million this year to be a front office worker and the remains 20 million of his 240 million contract next year. Don't think he will be hard up.