a canadian concerned before marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.

toronto_lady

Aug 1, 2016
if i have a minimum wage job in canada or a job that doesnt pay to well , will it increase the chances of having my future husbands permanent visa denied?
p.s: I am getting money from the government for a disability. which is ofcourse another source of income.
(I am sure my parents will give us some money too if we ever need help and I dont know if that will help with answering my question as its another source of money to support him when he come to canada)

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
if i have a minimum wage job in canada or a job that doesnt pay to well , will it increase the chances of having my future husbands permanent visa denied?
p.s: I am getting money from the government for a disability. which is ofcourse another source of income.
(I am sure my parents will give us some money too if we ever need help and I dont know if that will help with answering my question as its another source of money to support him when he come to canada)

I don't know about Canada, being an American. But in the USA one has to produce income tax records or similar to prove one can support the immigrant. I don't know what amount of income one has to prove at present even in the USA. Maybe your parents could and would sponsor him.
Der Fish

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
I'm not sure Canada will let him come in if in the end the country will have to support him since you can't.

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
To answer your question young lady, if your earnings are less than what your country deems as acceptable for supporting your future spouse, then yes your visa could very well not be approved. There is a site called visa journey, and I would suggest you discuss your visa questions with those fellow Canadians that have been through it, or are currently in the middle of it. I'm sure they would be most helpful in answering your questions correctly.

Good Luck..

Apr 7, 2014
i guess you did the same thing? because you are heartless
Didnt sell my brain though...

If you are on disability then dont they give you the money via direct deposit in a government bank account? If you have a minimum wage job then you really have nothing to lose. Quit and spend a year in DR with your "fiance" to see if all that glitters is gold.

If.....it is true love then a year here or a year there wouldnt even matter, would it?

In fact...you could live 6 months with him, in an intensive crash course in intercultural expectations in a relationship where the participants have two separate backgrounds(and acceptable standards). You would do this JUST to see if it sounds like a good idea to spend the money to try or bring him to Canada.

IF...it is true love then examine his response when you tell him YOU will move to DR to be with him. You dont have anything to lose with MY plan. Your parents will front you the return home money if it doesnt work out and Im sure Canada or your province gave you a bankcard to access your disability monies so you can withdraw them in DR(@Scotia Bank) without penalty.

The rest of your plan is a Fool's Errand.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
does your Dominican fiancee have a profession or education that will make him employable in Canada?

jefe de la finca

Sep 28, 2012

And what does Canadian Immigration have to say? Why not go to the very source of all the facts and figures you need? And they're even on the interweb.http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013

Toronto lady. I am bad at using the Search function here. I know you're asking a specific question regarding visas for Canadians. As a gringo from the USA I have no info. May I recommend you to a thread known as hillbilly's rules? Animation guys are known to be particularly on the make. Be forewarned.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002

Lots to read. You cannot have a co-signer when sponsoring a spouse. Good news is that a disability pension is ok depending if it CPP disability and not social assistance. It's a long expensive process so you might want to go to your nearest multicultural centre and have them help you out with the understanding of the application.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-who.asp

Social assistance does not qualify as income

Social assistance means any benefit, whether money, goods or services, provided to or on behalf of a person by a province under a program of social assistance. It includes assistance for food, shelter, clothing, fuel, utilities, household supplies, personal requirements and health care not provided by public health care.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5482Eguide.asp#tb-3

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-who.asp

I assume you are either a legal resident or a Canadian citizen.

Last edited:

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
toronto_lady,

If you are successful, please come back and let us know how you did it.

I for one would like to write my MP and ask that the loophole you used be closed.

toronto_lady

Aug 1, 2016
i read it many times and like i said before hes not a sanky panky. i know him for a year and thats not the answers im looking for.
please dont reply unless you answering my question .

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
You have all the info you need plus what I sent you. Good luck

To prevent this going side ways thread closed.

Do be careful, a year is very little time to really know someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.