Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone know a taxi driver that can take me from POP to Santiago?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaI94 View Post
    So you're suggesting that it would be unlikely to find a taxi driver willing to charge $1000RD? What price should I go for then?
    Sorry, I honestly donīt know, as I have always used Metro or driven, I was merely saying that if a driver is willing to take you to Santiago and back for the same rate as to the airport just outside the city, I would think twice the offer...

2. Likes Garyexpat, Harleysrock liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wuarhat View Post
    I said SDQ. I didn't say taxi driver.
    Then I misunderstood what "it" meant as you mentioned POP-Santiago as well. I understood that the topic was taxi, as that you mentioned in your post. Of course other methods of transportation are cheaper. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

4. Likes wuarhat liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaI94 View Post
    So you're suggesting that it would be unlikely to find a taxi driver willing to charge $1000RD? What price should I go for then?
    dos mil!

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

From what I have seen and heard , $45 one way is the absolute MIN you can negotiate down to , and this includes the time I saw an expat with
    2 friends he just made on the plane, and the Taxi guy would go for no less than $45/ EACH, and that was like well over a year ago ... I always take the Bus, only Metro before, but now I also like Caribe as their schedule is more flexible for me.
    But i would love to hear someone negotiated less than $45 usd one way, that would be a first. so yes, 2 mil is about right.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    From what I have seen and heard , $45 one way is the absolute MIN you can negotiate down to , and this includes the time I saw an expat with
    2 friends he just made on the plane, and the Taxi guy would go for no less than $45/ EACH, and that was like well over a year ago ... I always take the Bus, only Metro before, but now I also like Caribe as their schedule is more flexible for me.
    But i would love to hear someone negotiated less than $45 usd one way, that would be a first. so yes, 2 mil is about right.
    I have done it for 1700, but only for friends that I have known for a long time.
    Der Fish

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Take a motoconcho, that will be your best deal...

JJ

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123