Illegals somehow being made legal in the US

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Seems like Obama is up to Presidential edicts again:

Santo Domingo.- Thousands of undocumented Dominicans living in the US will benefit from the new immigration pardon approved by the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) which takes effect Aug. 29.

The waiver repeals the penalties against foreigners who?ve entered or are illegally in the US and have spouses or children whether born in the country or not, who are legal residents or American citizens, can apply for residence.

There are hundreds of Dominicans In that situation, most of whom arrived with ?machete? passports (supplanted IDs), who came from Puerto Rico, or across the borders with Mexico and Canada.

In a statement the USCIS said will no longer will be enforced the penalty against a foreigner with that status, even if a spouse or child that are US citizens, was that they had to leave the US for a period of 10 years, depending on the case,.

Immigrant rights activists in various states hailed the decision, calling it an important step forward to solve the immigration status of millions of undocumented aliens.

Source: DT

Aug 2, 2016

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
This is a good thing. No need to live with lies and secrets plus pay taxes. It's a win win ;)

Jan 9, 2004

Santo Domingo.- Thousands of undocumented Dominicans living in the US will benefit from the new immigration pardon approved by the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) which takes effect Aug. 29.

The waiver repeals the penalties against foreigners who’ve entered or are illegally in the US and have spouses or children whether born in the country or not, who are legal residents or American citizens, can apply for residence.

There are hundreds of Dominicans In that situation, most of whom arrived with “machete” passports (supplanted IDs), who came from Puerto Rico, or across the borders with Mexico and Canada.

In a statement the USCIS said will no longer will be enforced the penalty against a foreigner with that status, even if a spouse or child that are US citizens, was that they had to leave the US for a period of 10 years, depending on the case,.

Immigrant rights activists in various states hailed the decision, calling it an important step forward to solve the immigration status of millions of undocumented aliens.

Aug 2, 2016

As per usual, the DT article is a mixture of some truth and lots of confusion.

The actual text for the provisional waiver process is here;

https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-rel...itional-applicants-provisional-waiver-process

It primarily affects those who have orders of removal filed against them and/or those otherwise barred from re-entry.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010

The waiver repeals the penalties against foreigners who’ve entered or are illegally in the US and have spouses or children whether born in the country or not, who are legal residents or American citizens, can apply for residence.

There are hundreds of Dominicans In that situation, most of whom arrived with “machete” passports (supplanted IDs), who came from Puerto Rico, or across the borders with Mexico and Canada.

Aug 2, 2016

According what I have read about the change in the law on August 29th, it is not an automatic provision that kicks in. For those effected it gives them additional time to go through the immigration process and become legal in the U.S. It does not automatically make them legal or waive all of the qualifications to become a legal alien. There are still interviews, paper work and red tape involved.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
This is a good thing. No need to live with lies and secrets plus pay taxes. It's a win win ;)

It is rewarding illegal behavior and the states have laws and 3 branches of Gov. which this, wanna be, dictator, routinely ignores. He is not only bringing in un vetted "refugees" from countries which include agents of ISIS which has vowed to enter with the refugees, as they have already down in Europe. He has also brought in people with TB and transplanted them in unsuspecting communities.
He should be impeached.

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
We accept few refugees from Syria. With Iran and Afghanistan many of the refugees we accepted helped our soldiers. It is appropriate that we generally take refugees from Latin America and Europe takes near Asian refugees. Anyone can look at a map and figure that out. I hope you are equally concerned about the Cuban "refugees" who lap up milk from uncle sam's teet faster than any other Latino, imho. We want to have influence. That's the price we pay.

Many Latinos refer to our president as the deported in chief.

Bringing people out of the shadows is something I agree with, but not a path to citizenship. Some other long term "X" visa allowing them to stay but not vote. Pay taxes, no vote. Yup. That's what I think. And if that is too onerous they can go home. And take their American born children with them, who can return at the age of 18 if they so desire.

I think it is wrong to give rule breakers and fence jumpers a head start in front of those who follow the rules.

Personally, I would like to see that cry baby from the Philippines on the first plane out.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Was reported on 3 August in DR1 Daily News.
http://dr1.com/forums/showthread.php/158347-Wednesday, 3 August 2016

Thousands of Dominicans to benefit from US immigration waiver
The US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced on 29 July 2016 a final rule that expands the existing provisional waiver process and that will allow individuals who illegally reside in the United States and who have children with US citizenship or are lawful residents to regularize their own immigration situation. The rule seeks to support family unity. Thousands of Dominicans are expected to benefit from the new rule that goes into effect on 29 August 2016.
To qualify for the provisional waiver, applicants must establish that their US citizen or lawful permanent resident spouses or parents would experience “extreme hardship” if the applicants are not allowed to return to the United States.
https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-rele...waiver-process

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
We accept few refugees from Syria. With Iran and Afghanistan many of the refugees we accepted helped our soldiers. It is appropriate that we generally take refugees from Latin America and Europe takes near Asian refugees. Anyone can look at a map and figure that out. I hope you are equally concerned about the Cuban "refugees" who lap up milk from uncle sam's teet faster than any other Latino, imho. We want to have influence. That's the price we pay.

Many Latinos refer to our president as the deported in chief.

Bringing people out of the shadows is something I agree with, but not a path to citizenship. Some other long term "X" visa allowing them to stay but not vote. Pay taxes, no vote. Yup. That's what I think. And if that is too onerous they can go home. And take their American born children with them, who can return at the age of 18 if they so desire.

I think it is wrong to give rule breakers and fence jumpers a head start in front of those who follow the rules.

Personally, I would like to see that cry baby from the Philippines on the first plane out.

What is your definition of "few" and "refugees" are claiming to be from whatever country they think will help them enter the states or Europe, with ISIS clearly amongst them. There was an article about Dominicans flying to Turkey (where evidently they can enter) then entering Europe as Iraqi or Afghan refugees (even though they don't speak those languages). My grandparents entered the U.S. (LEGALLY) and I have no problem with a sovereign nation deciding who comes in and who doesn't. Accepting possible terrorists that want to kill, rape and/ or harm the citizens of the country (like seen repeatedly in Europe) or allowing people with TB or other conditions/diseases is just STUPID!

http://www.youngcons.com/map-shows-where-syrian-refugees-are-resettling-in-america/

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
Few in relation to our population as a whole.

Curiously, from which country and in which decade did your grandparents immigrate legally?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
This is very good news for the Dominicans that will have the chance to “Apply” to legalize their status and perhaps be given a chance to live the American dream. An example of America showing her true spirit.

Gracias a Dios for the leadership and courage that President Obama has shown despite having to deal with the usual right wing recalcitrant's that want to drag the country back to the dark ages.

Obama deported more people than previous Presidents.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
It sounds a lot like the regularizacion program that a few of us are workng on here in the DR. RayGun put thru a policy that caused millions of illegals to become legal. I remember people making up rent receipts and putting them in the oven to dry hem out and try to make their age look like the dates they'd put on them, and a thousand other tricks that I assume will be used again. I didn't know any Dominicans, but Nicaraguanse and Salvadoranos etc...
Der Fish