Santiago Info?

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
I am fortunate enough to have to travel to Santiago on business next weekend and can use some info. I have been there 2 times but only briefly. I'd apreciate any info or answers to the following:

1-does anyone have the number for Camp David ranch Hotel? I have been trying to call the numbers I have and they are disconnected.

2-Nightlife? I've been to Ambi II and it was LOUD! I love to check out live music. Any places with Live Merengue or Bachata?

3-restaurants, I am a terribly picky eater and find the beef in most DR restaurants to be of less than great quality. I usually stick to places with imported beef and even then it is iffy. How is the place on the road to Camp David? Any other suggestions? Burger King;-) KFC;-) I might be desperate!

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
There are two places...

You have to check out. Passions night club and Casablance. Passions has about 200 girls working there. CasaBlanca has about 30. Both have rooms on the premises. If I were you I'd forget about Camp David and stay at one of these places.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Thanks for the info, but I don't think my wife would apreciate my staying at one of those places.

Camp David is apparently really close to the TV Station I have a meeting scheduled with, plus it is very nice and inexpensive.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Try Gran almirante hotel. Its right on the main avenue in santiago.
We do have burger kings, McDonalds and KFC on various locations in santiago. Tell the cab driver to take you to Piper's bar in Los jardines and order the "Palermo special" sandwich. I bet you will eat 2 of them, they are that tasty.
Forget about ambis disco or discos in general. They are for street people (loud music etc). Go to "Estacion bar" on Estrella Sadhala Avenue. It has a mix of live merengue music and regular dance type music. Its a smaller place than Ambis disco but the crown is some what regular. People are decent and drinks are cheap.
if you are into trendy type places, go see "tribecca bar". It has a very fancy italian restaurant next to it "paparazzo" and the dance bar itself will impress you. The crown is upper class (oh please don't grind me for using this terminology).
Most decent restaurants do serve Angus meat but it costs about twice as much as the local meat. if you like american styled steaks, try "rancho steak house" near monument. If you like chinese food, try "expresso jade", also next to Monumento.
Have a great time in santiago.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Thanks for all the info. I have been trying to call the 809 223 0666 number all day and it is always busy.

I will try and check out the places you mentioned as well.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Camp David 's phone number is 626 0586 I just called them

paparazzo and that other place a re goo night life.
there is a Steak House up bythe Monument...
You should try el Cafe on 5th Calle of the Jardines (In Back of the Victoria Supermarket)
Also Mr. Cook is very good. Also good is the Parillada on juan Pablo Duarte, just below the union Medica and nano's on the main street of Villa Olga. Roma has been known to prepare excellent seafood. there are other places but if i tell you about them, You know what I'd have to do!!

HB

BTW, there are no TV stations up that way. Wanna send me an e-mail to help you out??

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Hillbilly, thanks for the info. I will call Camp David asap! The station I am meeting with is a Cable Station I believe. They are in NY now for a Video Expo, but will return next week. They will also help me with the demo I am holding in SD at the Jaragua on the 22nd.

I might also stop by Colorvision and train some of their new people. Thanks again for the info!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Let's see. there arethree or four cable stations> 15, 25, 29 and 53, but none are located up that way.

I have no idea where 15 is located, but 25 is on Restauracion, 29 is at the Hotel Matum and 53 is up in the Cerros de Gurabo. Right now 53 is my hero, Victor Tejada, since he ever sowisely showed the Super Bowl, in English, in its entirety. I got to enjoy John Madden and his partner Pat Summerall in their last broadcast together. And a great game of football too.

If you need me just hollar...

HB

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Thanks for the offer Hillbilly. What is the name of the road with the Texaco that you have to turn into to get to Camp David? I finally got in touch with the hotel and made reservations, Thanks a bunch. It looks like I'll get to see Carnival in santiago next Sunday! That should be great.

lapora

Dec 24, 2007
good place to stay in Santiago city , hotel colonial very good service friendly staff 5 minute walk from the shopping center,