New Wine Store/Cafe in Cabarete

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Chapter 417 (The Wine & the Madness)

Some things that happen here on the north coast you simply cannot make up. So many things in life happen without any planning whatsoever. Let?s call that Serendipity.

On the North Coast, you can meet so many interesting and fascinating people that its nothing short of a ****ing revelation when you meet someone who is both intelligent and beautiful.

I heard about this new Wine store/caf? in Ocean Dream plaza and vaguely remember telling the owner before I left Norway that as soon as I got back into town that I was going to grab my sleeping bag and come down to his wine store and camp out for two days and do nothing but drink good wine and eat imported cheese until I passed out.

Being a man of my word, I kept to that promise and showed up yesterday when the wine store opened. I was standing outside with my sleeping bag, waiting for it to open. I slept on their door mat.

When they opened, I had made my mind up that i was going to stay the entire afternoon drinking great wine until either passed out, or i took off and started flying like an eagle (Steve Miller Band). If you haven?t been to this wine store in Cabarete yet, run, don?t walk there. It?s beautiful. No, it?s stunning. And it?s air-conditioned. You?ll want to lay down on the sofas (yes, sofas!) and take a nap. You?ll want to move into the place. If you like wine--and really, who in their right mind doesn't--you?ll never want to leave the store. Bring a sleeping bag. Bring a friend. Bring two friends. And oh yeah, bring a thirsty appetite for good wine.

The plan was simple. Wake up, drink coffee, drink more coffee, then go find Sveta and Paul, and then go find this wine store I heard so much about. Plan A was executed with efficiency and authority. Paul, Sveta and I camped out at the wine bar and ate imported cheeses, hams, and olives. So far so good. We had samples of different varieties of wine and cheese. Delicious! We got a nice little wine buzz going, after we were cruising at about 30,000 feet we took off and started cruising around town.

I flew into town and found Big Frank. He and I came back to the wine store and did some more wine sampling. Big Frank is the perfect drinking buddy. He can tell story after story after story until you either pass out or go unconscious. Together, we have enough absurd and crazy stories to wake the dead and make zombies run for cover.

We started drinking wine and telling stories of sexual debauchery and sexual misfits?mostly about ourselves?until two of the most beautiful Estonian girls (Helena & Hannah) showed up. Helena is working on her PHD in Micro Biology, and Hannah is interning at one of the big law firms in London, England. Needless to say, both girls were extremely intelligent?and beautiful?and funny?and oh yeah?possessed nice legs and were really fun to be around. There is nothing I cherish more in this world then when beauty is fused together with intelligence in a nice tight package that sparkles and shines. And these girls were sparkling!

It turns out that Hannh and Helena are from the same small town in Estonian as the three Estonian Triplet Marathon runners competing in the Olympics right now. They went to school together with them. Can you imagine sleeping with Triplets?

Big Frank and I kept drinking wine until we started cruising at the altitude where the Space Shuttle likes to cruise around the sun like Pegasus (a little Greek Mythology).

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
I posted lots of photos of the inside of the wine store on the Facebook page "Everything Cabarete & Stuff."

Serge1960

Apr 2, 2014
Frank & All , based upon you're recommendations we will go there tonight or tomorrow , Thanks - Serge

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
the end of an era.........

Two Buck Chuck is no longer cheap .
Now a classy wine
(that's classy used in the proper, unclassy sense)

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
the end of an era.........

Two Buck Chuck is no longer cheap .
Now a classy wine
(that's classy used in the proper, unclassy sense)

At $2.49 adjusted for inflation from say 15 years ago, that is still cheap. People have run blind taste test with those wines against ten plus dollar bottles and Chuck has frequently been the winner.

I will be interested in seeing the wine prices at the new wine shop. It would be amazing if they actually came up with a web site that showed what they sold and had prices. I know, that would be far too much to expect.

http://www.traderjoes.com/fearless-flyer/category/11

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Exactly the same for the 'Box Wines'... TetraPac.

They have abandoned advertising ....useless , no results.

But when they do the 'TupperWare' type selling...
Homes, blind taste testing, they win regularly.....

Wine by price is a fool's game....
Remove the label or price and watch the best of them stumble.

spmc

Nov 7, 2008
Exactly the same for the 'Box Wines'... TetraPac.

They have abandoned advertising ....useless , no results.

But when they do the 'TupperWare' type selling...
Homes, blind taste testing, they win regularly.....

Wine by price is a fool's game....
Remove the label or price and watch the best of them stumble.

Most house wine in good Fairfield County restaurants is from a box, brands like Vin Vault, Black Box.

It is hard to find Thunderbird or Night Train in any of the liquor stores though.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Most house wine in good Fairfield County restaurants is from a box, brands like Vin Vault, Black Box.

It is hard to find Thunderbird or Night Train in any of the liquor stores though.

This is true.

But I bet you can find T-bird or Night Train in Bridgeport.