High level bank contact for BHD in POP

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
A friend is running into significant delays and lack of service at BHD. Rather than dealing with the constant excuses delays etc. from branch manager he would like to go higher if possible.
Apreciate if anyone has a contact. Note he's NOT looking to tell the story publicly, just prefers a contact, preferable that speaks english but not essential.

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
A friend is running into significant delays and lack of service at BHD. Rather than dealing with the constant excuses delays etc. from branch manager he would like to go higher if possible.
Apreciate if anyone has a contact. Note he's NOT looking to tell the story publicly, just prefers a contact, preferable that speaks english but not essential.
Service is hopeless at branch level.

My pension is transferred there every month from my UK bank. For three years there was no problem. Then one month it did not arrive. BHD just shrugged their shoulders. My UK bank assured me it had been transferred exactly as usual.

After two week BHD said it had not been properly addressed and had been refused by their SD processing center, but could not give further details. UK bank confirmed no details had changed. Tried to go higher at BHD without success. Many times they promised to contact me but never did so.

My UK bank eventuallly found out that BHD had returned it to the UK three times because the form did not contain my middle name. Never was a problem for the previous three years. I never need to use it because I have a very unusual name.

My UK bank was slow to help, but at least they eventually sorted the problem. Had I relied on BHD I would have starved to death.

Best of luck with going higher. They have merged with Leon since then, so maybe things are more professional.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
We've sent money to DR for four decades. Repeat. Decades. Always to the same brother. All of the sudden, a few months ago, they refused to release the money to him because it didn't contain his middle name. Seems something has changed there across the board.

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
I send large amount of money from my American bank to my D.R. bank. I always use my full name. If I keep it under $10k it's there the next day. Anything larger the branch in the Capitol holds for a week. That is after I send proof how I got the cash in the states.
It is getting harder to move money every year. Blame the U.S. government that's where the pressure is coming from to comply with the new rules coming out of the fed and other American agencies.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Yes most of us know FATCA that wonderful Obama signed has forced the world to break their own laws so USA is in the know about what goes on everywhere about everything. Another thing to add to the list that contributed to the "failed dynasty"

But mods may have to change my thread topic as this was a for "looking for a BHD contact"

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I send large amount of money from my American bank to my D.R. bank. I always use my full name. If I keep it under $10k it's there the next day. Anything larger the branch in the Capitol holds for a week. That is after I send proof how I got the cash in the states.
It is getting harder to move money every year. Blame the U.S. government that's where the pressure is coming from to comply with the new rules coming out of the fed and other American agencies.

Too bad there aren't trouble free banks in DR. Seems it would encourage growth.

Timotero

Bronze
Feb 25, 2011
I send............
......Blame the U.S. government that's where the pressure is coming from to comply with the new rules coming out of the fed and other American agencies.

Or you could maybe blame the criminal elements that try and launder money? (;-)

I had a DR bank account for several years. Took months to open. Then after fairly consistent poor service, I closed it. Or tried too. That also took quite a bit of time.

And I'm guessing London77's unique name is either Guy Faulkes or Maggie Thatcher? (;-)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Too bad there aren't trouble free banks in DR. Seems it would encourage growth.

Often it's not so much about the bank, but the relationship you have with them.
15yrs a client of Banco Popular with very few problems.

As has been said by many times before, get to know your account manager personally, it makes a world of difference.