medical products

drbrazeau

Feb 26, 2002
We bring a medical/dental team to the DR and thus far, we have brought our own pharmaceuticals. Does anyone know if it makes more sense to buy the medications in the DR and if so, is it economical? Is there a local pharmaceutical company that would be able to take a large order from the states, online, and have it ready when we arrive? Thanks, Dr. B.

Phil

Mar 2, 2002
I have a question. At what price are dental anesthesia and dental needles available in Sto.Domingo. And what are the requirements for the importation and distribution of the same. Can anyone help me with this information.

drbrazeau

Feb 26, 2002
Phil, are you thinking of bringing these in with you from outside the DR? If so, have a list in hand of the pharmaceuticals, with the name, quantity, manufacturer and the expiration dates. Are you coming as a public servant? If so, have this in writing, also, with any Dominican references to substantiate your placement.

If you are a business, then you might have to pay duty. I am also trying to determine if it makes more sense to buy medicines and supplies in the DR, rather than from the US.

bgoeppert

Oct 26, 2005
in need of medical supplier

I am a nurse and work for an NGO near Barahona. We are in need of some medical supplies and would like to ask if anyone would know of any cheap and reliable medical supplier. We are aware of Farmaconal in Santa Domingo, however, they seem expensive. Any assistance from anyone would be greatly appreciated!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
rbaez1 said:
Contact Farmaconal (you can look their number up at the yellow pages)

I agree they should be contacted. Tel 809-539-5545, fax 809-539-5547/5548.

Or tel 809-598-1143/1131, fax 809-598-1553