Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Motoconcho regulations

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    From DR1 News It is about time.

Motoconchos exempt from new motorcycle restrictions
    After decades of a laissez-faire approach, the government announces that it will enforce new measures limiting motorcycle use to just one person. However, motorcycle-taxis, known here as motoconchos, are exempt from the rule. The measures also require both driver and passenger to wear helmets.

The Land Transit Department (DGTT) issued the ban in Resolution 02-16, which goes into effect as of Monday, 15 August 2016.

The DGTT divided motorcycles into those that transport fare-paying passengers (motoconchos), those used for messenger services by private and government entities, and those used for the personal use of the owner.

The DGTT says that for a passenger to be carried on a motorcycle for personal use, an authorization from the DGTT needs to be requested. For the permit to be granted, the applicant needs to meet all the requirements for the motorcycle and motorcycle driver.

The measure is aimed at improving public security. It is estimated that 80% of street robberies are carried out by people on motorcycles.
    Some fricking civil servant got drunk and saw the light.
    Years ago in Colombia they had the same problem so they made it law that every driver had to have an orange vest with the number of his license plate on it, that helped.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

What they should do is ban motoconchos. Period.

The law as is is really, really stupid.

3. Likes KITTU liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bronxboy View Post
    Some of these are crazy...............

http://movingtodr.com/drpictures.html
    I love the way he left the HEAD intact on the dead skinned Goat .. just to make sure , u know , so nobody thinks its a human, and goes all
    Nuts ... LMAO.. thats awesome.

5. Likes Bronxboy liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

What I have never understood is why there isn't a law that requires motorcycle headlights and taillights to be on all the time?
    That requirement would, seemingly, give law enforcement an opportunity to catch those headlightless riders in the daylight;
    the're not going to stop them at night.

7. Likes shorts liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
    What I have never understood is why there isn't a law that requires motorcycle headlights and taillights to be on all the time?
    That requirement would, seemingly, give law enforcement an opportunity to catch those headlightless riders in the daylight;
    the're not going to stop them at night.
    You will be way ahead of the game when you don't try and figure out the Dominican culture and theIr laws

9. Likes zoomzx11 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    You need to read the post.

The DGTT says that for a passenger to be carried on a motorcycle for personal use, an authorization from the DGTT needs to be requested. For the permit to be granted, the applicant needs to meet all the requirements for the motorcycle and motorcycle driver.
    Totally agree with the new law. How far will it be implemented is the question!!!
    Also some kind of tariff posts cos motoconchos are extracting money from foreigners in a rowdy manner. Sometimes tourists are extorted 50$ US from turquesa to palma real.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I live in Samana and the capital.I have never seen any of these laws enacted in Samana.If they do,then 95 % of all bikes and pasolas will be off the road.There is basically no one here with either a helmet,placa,insurance,license or ownership papers.Every motor or pasola has 2 or 3 people on them and the motoconchos are the same.Most have no lights but a horn,and all their mufflers are reamed out which is also against a law,So lets see to believe.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

They say Motoconcho, so can you carry an extra person if you have a larger Motorcycle? Or will Frank no longer be able to go out for a ride with his G/F?
    They should also have to carry at least one banana at all times while riding.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

WeŽll have to revist this one in a year. Should be interesting.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaguarbob View Post
    I live in Samana and the capital.I have never seen any of these laws enacted in Samana.If they do,then 95 % of all bikes and pasolas will be off the road.There is basically no one here with either a helmet,placa,insurance,license or ownership papers.Every motor or pasola has 2 or 3 people on them and the motoconchos are the same.Most have no lights but a horn,and all their mufflers are reamed out which is also against a law,So lets see to believe.
    Samana City, and before you get to the city and surrounding area, is about the SICKEST place i have ever seen when it comes to Motos.. it is absolutely the WILD west ... I cant even put it into words , its quite a shock to the senses, first time driving through. There are absolutely no rules whatsoever on that main road.

15. Likes frank12 liked this post
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast