United Nations Admits role in Cholera

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
It took them six years to admit it?

How long will it take them to fix it?

What will the UN do for the families that lost loved ones due to the Cholera?

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
It seems to me after reading this article that some really greedy lawyers are driving this bus. How anyone can attempt to lay blame on the Nepal base after witnessing the absolute disregard that Haitians have when it comes to polluting a river is ridiculous.
Weather the river is in Haiti or any DR town or village it is disgusting to see how the local Haitians dispose of raw waste and garbage in the river valleys.

I guess its still easier to blame someone else and hopefully get financially rewarded than it is to accept responsibility.

Aug 6, 2006
IT was wrong of the UN to deny this.
But it was hardly intentional of the Nepalese.
The UN needs to be more careful who it sends out in blue helmets.

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
As soon as I read the news, I thought you guys on DR1 and this discussion 6 years ago. Sad that it took so many years for the UN to admit they had something to do with the import of cholera to the Island of Hispanola. All the evidence was there.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
As soon as I read the news, I thought you guys on DR1 and this discussion 6 years ago. Sad that it took so many years for the UN to admit they had something to do with the import of cholera to the Island of Hispanola. All the evidence was there.

Well, d'uh.

I have a dear friend who is a nurse, and he was in Haiti shortly after this happened. There was no question for the health professionals stationed in Haiti at the time that the UN failed to meet basic standards in sanitation.

And cholera. Good Lord. Reminds me of the death of Tchaikovsky.

pkaide1

Bronze
Aug 10, 2005
It took them six years to admit it?

How long will it take them to fix it?

What will the UN do for the families that lost loved ones due to the Cholera?

They will make sure that Dominican republic pays the price. Those darm Dominicans are so bad with their neightbor. Hope you get my sarcasam

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I won't forget the post here about the meeting to discuss Haiti's plight - held by the volunteer agency in Haiti.

Wine, champagne and shrimps at the 'get together' , all in aid of aid.
Crap.... all grandstanding - while one volunteer complained about how long it was taking for the UN to ship her car from Africa.