Thread: Getting my poor Amigo to the US.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Getting my poor Amigo to the US.

My fren wants to come visit us in the US. We want to help him get here. He has his appointment at the embassy, but I am afraid he will get denied. He isn't a wealthy Dominicano, but he is a steady worker, all around good person.

Is their anything I can do to get him here for a vacation?

Post Thanks / Like

Make sure he has the paperwork showing his work record. Write him a letter of invitation showing how long he will be staying, who is paying for what. Reason for his visit.

He doesn't have to be rich, he has to convince immigration that he will return to the DR. Good luck
    Moderator Visa forums
    www.DR1.com

3. Likes bachata liked this post
    99.9% Regular User
    Post Thanks / Like

If it's truly for a visit, a letter stating that he is staying with you, that you are picking him up from and returning him to the airport may well help. However, no one has house guests for six months and a non wealthy individual doesn't normally take a multi-month multi-state vacation.

A short stay of 2 or 3 weeks might be viewed more favorably than an extended stay initially and begins the record of this person leaving when they say they will. Might help for future applications.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure that letters of invitation do not work with US immigration, only Canadian. In fact, we were told - in person - that having close family or friends in the US puts up a warning flag that this person might not go back

He's much better off showing he has a job, family in DR that he wants to return to, a place to live there [lease, etc.].

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    I'm pretty sure that letters of invitation do not work with US immigration, only Canadian. In fact, we were told - in person - that having close family or friends in the US puts up a warning flag that this person might not go back

He's much better off showing he has a job, family in DR that he wants to return to, a place to live there [lease, etc.].
    I agree here. Over the years I have written on request of employees and others probably 20 letters of invitation. Not one worked. Proof that the traveller plans on returning to their home country instead of having someone who will help them worm their way into american society is what the embassy is looking for for sure.
    Der Fish

7. Likes bigbird liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Some bad information here. He alone has to prove he has ties to the DR that will guarantee his return. There is no letter of invitation that will help.

The burden of proof they will return to the DR is on the person wanting to go to the US. Long term sufficient bank accounts, owning home, car, property, relatives in the DR and NONE in the US, etc, etc , etc.

PICHARDO assures us the requirements are much easier than ever.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't waste you're time!!..!

10. Likes windeguy, Harleysrock, DOMINCAN JOE, spmc liked this post