in punta cana taxistas threaten a bus full of tourists

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Time to put CESTUR on these buses or at the very least in the lobby of every resort. These ego inflated locals need to be taught not the "mess" the golden goose. Short sighted taxistas with an inflated sense of self worth and entitlement can and will ruin it for everyone given the chance.

Where was hotel security?

Jan 9, 2004
Time to put CESTUR on these buses or at the very least in the lobby of every resort. These ego inflated locals need to be taught not the "mess" the golden goose. Short sighted taxistas with an inflated sense of self worth and entitlement can and will ruin it for everyone given the chance.

Where was hotel security?

They are likely acting at the request of their union leaders......who have been dubbed by many as the real owners of the country. They are very powerful....and very ruthless.

A few well placed reviews on travel sites about the incident will do more harm to the taxistas than good.....as people will still come for vacation, but be reluctant to venture outside their prisons with golden gates.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
I am sure that a number of the tourists have photos and video. These ladrones need to be picked up and shown some old fashioned Trujillo-ist type of justice.
In my opinion it is the only thing that will work (maybe impound their taxi's for a few months).

Feb 7, 2007
Well, I am not having my hopes high. Do you remember the incident in Boca Chica where these thugs threatened a school bus full of little kids going on a school trip? Some were thrown in jail but released after 3 months. And the life goes on ... Erede