Beaches

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
I like Sousa Bay. I'ts great for kids. We live on the NC. Atlantic Ocean. We have rip tides. I am Ocean City. Md. We're on the Atlantic. I tell, if I'm asked , where are you from. Sousa Bay is like a lake. The Ocean is not the same. when I hear "I wouldn't go there the surf is too ruff". Really where did you grow up. Sousa Bay is great, but don't put other places down because you are no used to things. This is a big island. There is something for everyone

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Huge difference Oriole. Sosua Bay is protected by a reef which mitigates the waves.
It can get rough with the right storm conditions but not like O.C. which does not have that protection.
I grew up spending summers at O.C. so yesterday while I was at Daytona Beach I thought of the waves of O.C., similar to what we had
yesterday at Daytona but Daytona has much cleaner and lighter color water and warmer water.
Still love Sosua Beach, water is good and the surroundings are colorful.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
I grew up swimming at Coast Guard Beach in Eastham, on Cape Cod, so Sosua Bay is like a pool to me! We'd get to the beach and the water temperature would be posted, and if it was above 66, we thought that was warm!

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
You are all right. I keep hearing from Tor. How ruff the waves are. I think it's fuuny. People come from Cand. or Wis. and say the waves are ruff... Just an observation. It's why some think Sousa is bad and othere don't like Caberete. I like both, but I guess I'm getting old.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
The outstanding feature for Sosua Beach is the shade trees. You do no t get cooked by the unrelenting sun.