I'm confused!

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
HMMMMMMM STRIKES A CHORD
It seems that lately my life has been getting more complicated, and I want to thank those of you who are brave enough to still associate with me regardless of what I have become.

The following is a recap of my current identity:

I was born white, which makes me a racist.

I am a fiscal and moral conservative, which makes me a fascist.

I am heterosexual, which makes me a homophobe.

I am non-union, which makes me a traitor to the working class and an ally of big business.

I am a Christian, which makes me an infidel.

I am older than 70 and retired, which makes me a useless old man.

I think and I reason; therefore I doubt much that the main stream media tells me, which makes me a reactionary.

I am proud of my heritage and our inclusive American culture, which makes me a xenophobe.

I value my safety and that of my family; therefore I appreciate the police and the legal system, which makes me a right-wing extremist.

I believe in hard work, fair play, and fair compensation according to each individual's merits, which makes me anti-social.

I, and my friends, acquired a good education without student loans and no debt at graduation, which makes me some kind of odd underachiever.

I believe in the defense and protection of the homeland by all citizens, which makes me a militarist.

Please help me come to terms with this, because I‘m not sure who I am anymore!

Newest problem – I'm not sure which bathroom I should use?

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
I can only help you with one: use the bathroom that has running water and toilet paper. The rest are just other people's perceptions and who cares?

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
HMMMMMMM STRIKES A CHORD
It seems that lately my life has been getting more complicated, and I want to thank those of you who are brave enough to still associate with me regardless of what I have become.

I am non-union, which makes me a traitor to the working class and an ally of big business.

I think and I reason; therefore I doubt much that the main stream media tells me, which makes me a reactionary.

I am proud of my heritage and our inclusive American culture, which makes me a xenophobe.

I value my safety and that of my family; therefore I appreciate the police and the legal system, which makes me a right-wing extremist.

I believe in hard work, fair play, and fair compensation according to each individual's merits, which makes me anti-social.

I, and my friends, acquired a good education without student loans and no debt at graduation, which makes me some kind of odd underachiever.

I believe in the defense and protection of the homeland by all citizens, which makes me a militarist.

Please help me come to terms with this, because I?m not sure who I am anymore!

Newest problem ? I'm not sure which bathroom I should use?

Lot of us dinosaurs out here at present. And as medicine marches forward and people live longer and longer we are going to accumulate like hair in the bathroom drain!
Der Fish

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Confusion

If you don't know which bathroom to use, you have more problems than any of the armchair shrinks at DR-1 can help you with.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Your traits are similar to mine and the majority of our generation. Given a choice between your traits and the traits of the culture of entitlement and instant gratification generation that lives their Facebook lives in view of the whole world, I would choose your traits and characteristics without question. I'm a retiree and make no apologies for the way I've lived my life and I you should do the same. Btw, I use any bathroom available when nature calls. When you gotta go, you gotta go!

Aug 6, 2006
Public bathrooms with toilet paper in the DR are problematical. Ask the cashier for some napkins for best results.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Public bathrooms with toilet paper in the DR are problematical. Ask the cashier for some napkins for best results.

One of the FIRST things you learn when traveling to the DR for the first time is to never count on a CLEAN ,usable public Bathroom to be there if and when you need it most.
Not even BARS/ Restaurants can be counted on when TIME is Tight .
One needs to be totally self sufficient especially when traveling , and bring paper, wipes ,whatever you need, even a bottle of water to wash your hands with etc.
Even Toilet seats are a rare commodity sometimes so one needs to practice the squatting in the air or " hovering" technique..
So wondering which Gender bathroom to use ?

hardly even a question worth pondering.
Least of ones problems .

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
HMMMMMMM STRIKES A CHORD

Please help me come to terms with this, because I?m not sure who I am anymore!

Newest problem ? I'm not sure which bathroom I should use?

You might as well go all the way. Get yourself some blonde hair dye and do a comb over. Now repeat, "who's the man, who's the man!!!

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
In a very popular bar in Cabarete, the bathrooms have signs saying, "Staff must wash their hands after using bathroom". I've been their several times and the toilets have water but the wash basins don't. Makes you wonder where the staff are washing their hands. Needless to say, I don't eat there. Another DR quirk.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
Even Toilet seats are a rare commodity sometimes

I?ve never been a fan of public or office toilets in any country, and so during the time I worked in an office building in the capital, I had yet no idea of the Dominican custom of missing toilet seats. So, every now and then I had to visit the toilet as I worked long hours, and during the span of a few months I got really confused as the toilet seats began disappearing one by one...

As the building was big, I became aware of the locations of a few bathrooms accross a few floors. I knew where to find the most tolerable, still existing seats. This job however, finding seats, started becoming more and more difficult... In the end the seats had vanished from all but one toilet, and this one hardly ever had any paper there, or it was disgusting beyond any limits there...

Thankfully pretty soon I started working from home full-time...

Aug 6, 2006
One can only wonder where all the toilet seats go. My experience is that they are quite durable-- we had the same seat from 1952 through 1977 in my parents' house.
Of course, the new padded ones are not good for more than five years or so, but the old ones were wood painted with white enamel
Is there like an elephant graveyard where these things go to, I wonder?

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
One can only wonder where all the toilet seats go. My experience is that they are quite durable-- we had the same seat from 1952 through 1977 in my parents' house.
Of course, the new padded ones are not good for more than five years or so, but the old ones were wood painted with white enamel
Is there like an elephant graveyard where these things go to, I wonder?

They probably get refurbished and placed back into circulation.