Background Checks

Micherie

Jun 29, 2016
How would one go about getting a background check on a Dominican national? I would like to put my mind at ease after reading all the negative posts regarding dating a Dominican.... or at the very least be able to make an informed decision should we want to take our relationship to the next level. I'm hoping for a link on the web, if available.

toronto_lady

Aug 1, 2016
someone told me it needs to be signed is it true? my fiancee sent me one and it is not signed. how do i make sure the document is 100% legit?

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
How would one go about getting a background check on a Dominican national? I would like to put my mind at ease after reading all the negative posts regarding dating a Dominican.... or at the very least be able to make an informed decision should we want to take our relationship to the next level. I'm hoping for a link on the web, if available.

but your guy is the real thing ...he is different to all the rest ...no big deal he doesn't speak English ...you can still communicate with each other ...you have known him 5 years ...every year you visit for one week ...he only has eyes for you

toronto_lady

Aug 1, 2016
you dont even know him wtf lol i know him better than you
i just meant if the document need to be sign or no you dont have to be rude and assume my relationship .

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
you dont even know him wtf lol i know him better than you
i just meant if the document need to be sign or no you dont have to be rude and assume my relationship .

Relax, girlfriend. I freely admit that the tone is sometimes heavy-handed, but the OP makes a decent point.

And in actuality, this is something for which you should have assumed responsibility WAY before you started asking peeps on DR-1 for info. If the relationship is that important to you, do your homework. I don't want to sound like your nanny, but do admit.

toronto_lady

Aug 1, 2016
well this forum is mostly made for helping since google cant provide all information sometimes or might be hard to search for it. but thanks for nothing :D

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Waste of time. Nothing is properly documented here and
rarely is anyone held accountable for passing wrong information.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
well this forum is mostly made for helping since google cant provide all information sometimes or might be hard to search for it. but thanks for nothing :D

You're being a little bit prickly. In post #3, note that you were given a very valuable link to assist you. If you choose not to use it, that's your choice.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I dunno.

Seems if one needs a formal background check to go to the "next level", one doesn't actually *know* enough about that person to make that trip.

Whatever happened to an extended courtship for the PURPOSE of personal vetting?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Forgot to add.... You may want to consider hiring a reliable private investigator.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
One suggestion is to turn up for an unplanned visit and see how long it takes him to come over. Every so often in my hotel we have a foreign lady who decides to turn up for a surprise visit to see her boyfriend, and almost always it takes him a day or so to explain to his wife / girlfriend / mother of his child that he has to slip away. If he's round within an hour of your arrival, he's a keeper.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I have no idea why why why people can't seem to understand that in the LEGAL you try and answer the question asked and not give your personal opinion on anyone's

life or relationships. We have other forums for that.

Legal forum, answer question asked. I'm so sick of repeating this. :(