5 y/o Dom boy put on wrong plane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Red Sucks trying to mold him to play against the Yankees in the future.

DRdreaming

Jul 29, 2014
Well, who knew this was even possible. A five year old boy was put on a flight unaccompanied. Jet blue sent him to Boston instead of NY. Children flying internationally without a guardian in the custody of an airline? First I've heard of it.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-mom-panics-jetblue-puts-kid-wrong-plane-article-1.2773480
They are only allowed to fly on direct flights. A parent or guardian normally has to accompany them to the gate on departure, and they need to be met at the gate on arrival.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Rustxko

Aug 3, 2014
Good grief. If Jet Blue can send a 5 year old to the wrong place, I wonder how they do on luggage. Poor kid must have been scared.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Not just 1, 2 boys. They mixed them up and sent them to the wrong cities.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
the kid's outfit is hilarious.

mom came back after a week and left the kid behind so she can get her groove on in NY!

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
Not going to defend JetBlue.......but come on......sending a 5 year old unaccompanied on a 4 hour flight?

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Beware when sending kid on their own to the DR

JetBlue lost my son! Airline sends boy, five, to Boston on the wrong flight while his mother waits for him in New York... then presents her with the someone else's child
Maribel Martinez was waiting in New York for her five-year-old son Andy
But bungling JetBlue staff put him on a flight to Boston - 214 miles away
She was presented with the wrong child when the plane touched down
After a frantic three hour search for Andy, he was put on the phone to his mother and told her 'Mami, they put me on another plane'

A horrified mother was presented with the wrong child at JFK airport - after bungling airline staff put her five-year-old son on a flight to Boston.
Maribel Martinez, 38, was waiting in New York for her son, Andy, to return home from a family visit in the Dominican Republic.
But after the mix-up, Andy ended up 214 miles away after another boy was mistakenly put on the plane to New York

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...on-mother-waiting-New-York.html#ixzz4J2A1GRrz
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Feb 7, 2007
I think 10+ years can go unaccompanied on connecting flights, below 10 on non stop flights only.
Parents pay around 100-150 US$ UM fee. (unaccompanied minor). The airline provides hand-holding from check in to arrival.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
Jetblue refunded the cost of the flight which was $475 plus $2,100 credit for future flights.

Family hired a media whore attorney to pursue legal action.

Jan 9, 2004
You dont send a 5 yo by himself in any event.

If you only knew how many times I have seen this. To your point....some of these people think the airlines should be substitute parents.

That having been said, if the airline accepts the responsibility.....then they accept the consequences.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
Yep... she also allows her little boy to dress and look like a thug from Villa Mella. Horrible parenting, but sadly quite typical among our underachieving diaspora

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
rfp, that's terrible to say. All those little kids are cute as can possibly be. I don't know what your trigger was, but I assume it's the hat. It's just fashion.

I have seen such absurd dress codes that are explicitly biased. Clubs that allow baseball caps, but only if the brim is curved.

I think it is both ridiculous and charming the way kids value the label and the price tag as much as the hat.

Cute as buttons, each and everyone.

"hey you kids, get off my lawn!"

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
You dont send a 5 yo by himself in any event.

It happens more than you think. Divorced, separated, parents do it often per custody agreements. The airlines have been providing this service for years. Usually they are very proficient in getting the child to their destination safely.
In this case they messed up big time! I am sure they will pay big time too.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I dont see what the big deal is.. 2 kids got switched. it was an accident.. I dont see that the Airline did anything Malicious , why would they. Mistake yes, but no harm came to anyone.
I blame the Parents for being to cheap to send someone with the kids.. Unless you put Bar Codes on the Kids head, how are you ever going to be 100%.
But in the future maybe The Airlines can put a luggage TAG with the Airport Code on the kids Carry on, with a Matching one on his wrist ? At least til he gets on the Plane
... that should eliminate it.
Geesh, now we treating 5 year old kids as LUGGAGE ,just cuz the parents are too cheap or lazy to send a Chaperone along.

Status
Not open for further replies.