Name change for the DR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
Jose Antonio Martinez Rojas writes in the Saturday issue of Hoy newspaper that Dominicans should consider a name change for the country. He comments on the frequent confusion with the small English-speaking island of Dominica. He says that the leading Spanish language dictionary considers a ?Dominican? a person from Santo Domingo. He says there is no big deal about a name change for a country, mentioning: Ceylon-Sri Lanka, Siam-Thailand, and Rhodesia-Zimbabwe, among others. He feels the country should hold a public contest to choose a new name, followed by a plebiscite.

\\\

Whats the problem with the beautiful name DOMINICAN REPUBLIC, why change ??????????

DOMINICAN REPUBLIC = DOMINICAN REPUBLIC

I LOVE THE "DOMINICAN REPUBLIC" FOR EVER

what do you think?

Mercy

Feb 18, 2002
DR. Name Change

Who is Jose Antonio Martinez Roja?
Our beautiful country has carried a well deserved name which distinguishes it very well for so many years!
We are not the ones who have to change. Why does not Dominica changes its name?
I think the propossition is absurd!!!

Spy4U

Jan 30, 2002
Letting the Dominicans consider a name change for the country would bring up names like:

-El Sancocho Republic
-Bermudez island
-Presidente State

I think that our "Padres" fought hard to give our nation a beatifull name. Lets keep it like that in their honour..

Drake

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Dominica change their name!

Dominican Republic was first to use this name for this island.

Dominca is a tiny volcanic outcrop island with half a dozen people living on it and is about the size of the isla Saona. Tell them to change their name.

Samana1 and x-man

Both hanging by a thread, likely one and the same person , two post basically identical. Lets call it the Netherland Antilles, oh wrong island group.
Dominican Republic =Dominican Republic or DR
Dominica = Dominica

Question is dumb in all respects
Why I am I even answering!!!!

Zade

Feb 4, 2002
Jose Antonio Martinez Rojas writes in the Saturday issue of Hoy newspaper that Dominicans should consider a name change for the country. He comments on the frequent confusion with the small English-speaking island of Dominica. He says that the leading Spanish language dictionary considers a ?Dominican? a person from Santo Domingo. He says there is no big deal about a name change for a country, mentioning: Ceylon-Sri Lanka, Siam-Thailand, and Rhodesia-Zimbabwe, among others. He feels the country should hold a public contest to choose a new name, followed by a plebiscite.

And then he woke-up!!!

Finally we are more known than Haiti and now we are going to change our name?
Maybe, QUEVAINALAND is a more appropriated name.

doug

Jan 1, 2002
Easy Now

Easy Sun-ra....."Lynch the bastard" a little heavey.....maybe put him in front of a firing squad.....but to lynch him is going a little overboard........one word comes to mind.....PROZAC

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Be ready to hang me!!!

Shoot me if you want. But I agree with a change of name. I thinks our name stinks. Here is a few names I like:

PUNTA CANA ANACAONA ISLAND

BAVARO ISLA DEL SOL

What history? History cannot be affected by name changes, it only continues it. A name change does not change the character and history of our nation. But, since we are a service industry nation with a future in that market, we ought to look for a more commercial name to sell our country and improve our image. The Soviet republics had a mass group change for the benefit of their people. Many other nations have changed their names for many reasons and history is full of this. Some of the names above are better known than Dominican Republic. Many people don't know Punta Cana is Dominican Republic. They just know Punta Cana.

TW

jjsk

"Going for Gold"
Jan 1, 2002
question...

If a person from the Dominican Republic is a Dominican, what is a person from Dominica; also a Dominican, or...?

Papito

Jan 23, 2002
Name Change?

I love the current name but if we are going to throw names in:
How about

Isla del Encanto
Isla Mujeres
Hay Mami Island
Isla Tentadora or Tentacion "Temptation Island"
Isla Golo
Boca Grande "In honor of Chris Colon" :)
ATLANTIS "Then we could be Atlantians!!" Thats it!!
Republica de ATLANTIS.. ummm Nice Ring...

Or The Best name I could ever think of "DOMINICAN REPUBLIC"
What a beautiful Name........ :0

Papito

doug

Jan 1, 2002
TW

What about our flag....Canada's....don't you think it's cool? It has (the Maple Leaf)meaning ...with the amount of points on the leaf.....it represents the amount of Provinces we have....I for one think it is a cool flag....although I think our previous flag, was much more appealing! And as far as the DR's flag goes.....I think it's fine....I also believe the DR has a hell of a lot more things to do on the "to do" list before any amount of monertary research goes into the changing of the Flags colours or design!!(A somewhat balanced budget to start off with.....although we(all countries)all have our problems.....)I was reading where Canada forgives the most loans to third world countries(lets not start this about third world though)than any other countrie in the world!

tiger

Endangered Species!
Jan 26, 2002
Tiger back!

There is no way i'm going to believe all of this confusion over simplicity! This affirms to me that some of you did'nt even come close to comprehanding my message at all!!..concerning that word that starts with the "D"..not even a letter was digested and here i am hearing this topic about changing the nations name. Listen knuckle heads..QUISQUEYA!!! that! is the name our ancestors gave it. I told you people what the word Dominican means, nothing but a street begging stinky monk/friar! Founded by it's leader Domingo de Guzman in 1215 and died in 1221. He founded the "Dominican Order", which found it's way on one of those three ships that we found on our shores. So you people go around calling yourselves something you are definitly NOT! We are QUISQUEYANOS!! What other name is more beautiful then that? for it is a truthful and natural name- meaning "Beautiful Island"..Yet, some of you people could'nt really give a damn anyway. And since the people that responded to my thread just wanted to let out meaningless steam..i can dig that. But know this WELL! that this issue has been brought back to the main spotlight after I, try to wake-up or stir-up awareness in as much (for some of you who call yourselve the "D" word) to rediscover your identity. And in this thread...none of you have even paid attention to the word our Taino anscesters gave the island (Quisqueya) which is the first word in the nations national anthem. THERE ARE MANY THINGS INVOLVE IN ACCEPTING YOUR QUISQUEYANISO!! IT'S NOT JUST THE CHANGING OF A MEDIEVAL
TITLE BUT, THE CHANGING OF A FALSE IDEOLOGY! BY THE AWAKENING OF THE CONSCIOUSNESS OF YOUR REAL IDENTITY

X-MAN..AZB..MONDONGO..JJSK..JANE.. PIB..even the RAT pact (who hate me..Tony-c / El jefe / MaxxJaxx/ Chriss Colon) Does'nt all this, on Samana1 thread bring back echoes of my original post...This is all I will ever say on the subject.

Yeah! X-man i have'nt gone any where..the Tiger is continuously stalking the threads on this Free Forum...NO! X-MAN I don't need a second chance from temporary human matches of life! to fill any kind of void whatsoever!!

Popito.. everytime you call yourself the "D" word you and the rest of you (s) who do so, continue to stab yourselves all over.. get it?
Do you guys get it now? i mean all good and yet you people can't see it! IT'S THE CONDITIONING OF THE MIND, OF MANY YEARS OF CARRYING THE VERY WORD THAT WAS RESPONIBLE FOR MURDER / DISEASE / MUTILATIONS AND OF COURSE THE INQISITION!
NOW YOU KNOW THAT JUAN PABLO DUARTE AND HIS GROUP "LOS TRINITARIOS" WERE IN AFFECT PAYING HOMAGE TO THE "DOMINICAN THEOCRATICAL ORDER" IN CURSING THE ISLAND WITH THAT TITLE WHICH, DOESN'T BEFIT THE PEOPLE NOR IT"S CULTURE. AND IF YOU ALL HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT?.. YOU IN TURN ARE HAVING AN IDENTITY CRISIS, THE WHOLE ISLAND IS, EXCEPT THOSE WHOM ACCEPT THEIR TRUE QUISQUEYANISMO IN PEACE.

The Tiger is ALL QUISQUEYANO!!..The Tiger will be roaming our beautiful QUISQUEYA in March! site'm if you dare!

DOUG I HAVE ALREADY DESIGNED THE NEW FLAG!!

Last edited:

doug

Jan 1, 2002
Tiger!

Glad to hear you have designed the Flag.....can we have a look? Sun Ra....whats your problem ? It's ok to want to change something about your countrie....even if you want to change the flag, don't mean your not patriotic, it just means "that" you want a change! I wish the Americans would change thier money, to different colours, so as it would be easier to "read".....Am I some kind of drag queen fagot....who should be fu***n lynched for this?......or am I just someone who has suggested a change could be a good thing? GROW UP!

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
politically correct

Well Tiger,
This name business you guys have to figure out for yourself.

I'm just an occasional guest in your beautiful country and should
not have an opinion on this one.

But here is another problem I can't figure out.

What would be the "politically correct" way to say:

"My friend AZB, the dominican republican" or

"My friend AZB, the dominican" ??? X.

tiger

Endangered Species!
Jan 26, 2002
Sun-ras..other bastard?

Listen Sun-ra..if you meant that "other bastard" as a reference to me? then HERE I AM! you sounded very threatening to Golo. And I think that you should look deep into yourself, your phony identity, what makes you violent and what drives you to help our people become more confused!...I've had GUNS pointed to my head, been in the centers of to two horrifying earth quakes, last year here in New York City. I was meant to be killed at the Carnigie Deli murders..the bastards who killed my dear white friends..wanted to do it the day before when I was in his presence in that apartment. After being arrested and questioned,
the coward admitted to the detectives that, he did'nt do it the previous nite because he felt hesitent and not right...that nite, was only me and a companion and the owner of the apt., the next evening he and his accomplice returned and gagged and shot 5 peaceful and innocent people, all in the head!....YOU WONDER WHY? HE DID'NT DO IT THE PREVIOUS EVENING?....BECAUSE HE DAMN WELL KNEW THAT THE PERSON IN HIS PRESENCE WAS A BRAVE AND LIGHTNING EXPLOSIVE FREAKING QUISQUEYANO!! TIGER!

Do yourself good! discover who you are and pass it down to your little Quisqueyano children so that they grow up to be better then you.

The Tiger is always ready!

Last edited:

tiger

Endangered Species!
Jan 26, 2002
Re: politically correct

x_man said:
Well Tiger,
This name business you guys have to figure out for yourself.

I'm just an occasional guest in your beautiful country and should
not have an opinion on this one.

But here is another problem I can't figure out.

What would be the "politically correct" way to say:

"My friend AZB, the dominican republican" or

"My friend AZB, the dominican" ??? X.

Hi X-man, i missed you..it's been awhile since we last rapped. I like you (don't get the wrong idea) and if you are in Santo Domingo in March? I would take the pleasure in meeting you, just let me know.

As far as being politically correct as many people wish to hide their most inner hypocrisy...I don't care much about it but, I'm happy you know your place concerning this hugh drama that's about to take center stage again but, this time I not gonna be a part of it! becuase if some of these so-called "Dominicans" can't see or apppreciate their Quisqueyanismo then it's futile. Because,
ones blood should tell them where they originate from!

AZB is just AZB that's what she's called....Hi AZB I'm back!

Tiger!

tiger

Endangered Species!
Jan 26, 2002
Yeah! Doug.....

Right on doug!..it's just that some people don't have a good balance in their heart. They tend to put their emotions on non-existing things..and there's also people who like to have their ears tickled with brain washing lies, lies that eventually end-up erasing the truth in your very own existance, so that when someone is told the truth, one can not believe it, because the lie blinds them. I very much know where this world is headed and when it comes I want to be on the side of the truth!

You can hang with the Tiger!

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Ok Tiger! Lets try this one more time!
Quisqueya is a name that was invented by a European map maker. He thought is sounded Indian. The name that the Indians used was Haity(sic). So you can drop this Quisqueya idea.

Tony C.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Dominican Republic,"Where,s That?"

I have some news for everyone.To "Dominicanos",and "Exranjeros" living and visiting here, we who love this "Tiny Rock." La Republica Dominicana" may be the best kept "secret" in "Geography" class! I bet that less than 1% of the worlds population has ever heard of;"La Republica Dominicana",let alone be able to locate us on a map! This post is a "Non-Issue",yet look at the threats of bodily harm it has stimulated!I agree with Doug,"Chill me Hermano,Chill"!Criss Colon

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Hey Sun Ra

Sun Ra, if you are so patriotic, tell me...What are you doing to protect our border from the Haitians? Do you hire any Haitians? I bet you I am doing more than you about these invaders. Talk is cheap. Would you take up arms to defend your country from the Haitians?

This is a question I would have posed to Juana Saltistopa. What came first, the coat of arms or the flag? Sometimes I wonder about this stupidity when designing our flag. If you take a look at the flag, we have a coat of arms that has the flags inside of it!!! How can that be explained?

When you design a coat of arms you place it in the flag, if that is the intention. But designing a coat of arms with flags in it is too much. That is what I mean by our flag being too busy.

As for the person who asked me about the Canadian flag. I don't consider it in the great flag designs.

I prefer Hispaniola over Quisqueya anytime. Of course, I wish there was a way we could cut the island in two and let Haiti float like the Argentinian currency. Maybe the next ice age will do us a favor and cut the island by the border.

TW

Status
Not open for further replies.