Boca de Yuma?

May 29, 2006
Mi esposa and I took a day trip to Boca de Yuma last Friday for lunch. We're going to go back for a night at a hotel, but the place was a ghost town when we were there. Lots of places that looked deserted.

Does anything happen on weekends, or is the town dead? We'll go anyway to have dinner out. Hotel is 1500 pesos with a pool.

KITTU

May 13, 2015
Mi esposa and I took a day trip to Boca de Yuma last Friday for lunch. We're going to go back for a night at a hotel, but the place was a ghost town when we were there. Lots of places that looked deserted.

Does anything happen on weekends, or is the town dead? We'll go anyway to have dinner out. Hotel is 1500 pesos with a pool.

I believe on weekends it is full of people and the restaurants by the sea are packed with locals. You can go on a boat ride on the river, a twenty min trip to see the iguanas and also ask the boat driver to drop you on the small boca the yuma beach accessed by the boat.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Enjoy the solitude ?

Boca de Yuma is basically a sleepy fishing village adjusting to the times with an abundance of restaurants catering to local and some foreign tourism. There is no night life per se. The ritual is there are some boat tours organized by the local hustlers and the restaurants are open daily with a big accent on the weekend traffic. There are a few hotels for those wishing to enjoy the solitude of the location.

There is nightlife in Higuey, 30 mins from Boca de Yuma, and Punta Cana is about 45 mins distant.

Regards,

PJT

Feb 7, 2007
You are better off going to Nisibon as I was told, more romantic and better and cheaper food (fish).

Fredo

Mar 17, 2013
Going for hikes in the National park is a must, full of caves and interesting Dominican culture

May 29, 2006
Nisibon looks far away by guagua or passola, but I do want to see more of the island. It was an hour to Boca de Yuma from Hig?ey.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
We have been a couple of times. Good food but really quiet at night. We did have the opportunity of watching a Canadian guy and his Dominican wife have an epic battle.
It was one of the most entertaining displays that I have seen in 8 winters in the DR. No physical violence but the language and drama were fantastic.

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
Boca de Yuma is not a ghost town, it's a fishing village. You don't go to Boca de Yuma for the night life.

Sep 4, 2012
The times I have been there, we've had the beach by ourselves, virgin, pretty, alone, zero sales and no massages offered. Local restaurants cooked food at will -- great time indeed.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It's a nice place to go if you want a change from the touristy areas.
The only beach is Playa Blanca and you have to take a boat there.
The best restaurant is El Arponero, Italian owned. They now have several rooms to rent.

http://www.elarponero.com/

May 29, 2006
I've seen some recommendations for the restaurant, but the rooms look like caba?as. We ate at a place by the monument, fried Parrotfish with tostones. Waiter came out with a platter of four fresh fish and we choose which one we wanted.