Kidnapped child hoax(?)

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Today a voice message was spread through whatsapp about a child kidnapped last Saturday in one of the malls of the city how a little girl was kidnapped (brought to the bathroom by two individuals and later as seen by the security cams as coming out with other clothes and shorter hair) and later found dead.

It has hoax written all over it (see also link to Metro), however very elaborated, I saw a signed letter from a known school in SD, claiming that the rumors were that it was a child of that school that was missing but denying that and explaining that it actually was the daughter of a secretary of the school. You must have a lot of time on your hands to make up stories like that.

http://touch.metrord.do///noticias/...e-desaparicion-de-nina/ftwpie---qnVD7LALXIYw/

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
No, this allegedly happened this weekend.

On the case of the girl in Pedro Brand, it's not that sure she wasn't killed for taking out her organs. Apparently authorities are investigating if that's actually the case, not so much for transplants (hardly possible) as for (witchcraft) rituals.

Last edited:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It's very similar to one that was going round years ago, only it was supposed to have happened in PriceSmart.

Jan 7, 2016
Really? Do people have nothing better to do with their down-time than to think-up bull sh*t stuff like this to pawn-off on the public? More fear mongers here than in the U.S., even with the Presidential Elections pending!

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002

So the letter of the school was real, stating this happened to their secretary. I'd take my child from that school (it was an upscale school for small children) for hiring mentally ill secretaries that want to give 'sustos' to her neighbor and for believing the story the secretary was telling.

There must be less complicated ways to get 50,000 pesos though than claiming your child was kidnapped so you employer gives you money (for feeling sorry) so you can pay of two guys to give 'un susto' to a neighbor. Besides that I suspect it was supposed to be more than just a susto for 50k.