italian expat stabbed to death in boca chica

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
http://www.elcaribe.com.do/2016/09/...ca-residia-pais-presume-que-fue-para-robarle#

El Caribe has updated their report.

Same guy but 74 years old with lots of property, wives and children. Home safe broken into. Robbery but by someone known perhaps....web translation....

Boca Chica- Not the dead alien was a tourist stabbed the afternoon yesterday in Boca Chica, but an Italian resident in the country, which had obtained goods and created family. Is believed that reason of his death could have been the theft.

The victim was identified as Aldo Mazzoleni, 74-year-old, who possessed some at least eight apartments in Boca Chica, several vehicles and up to credits in business of the place. He had three children with different women and resided only in one of their apartments in a street next to the Avenue in the South of this area.

It is presumed that the crime could have occurred by a person of full confidence and passionate character.

Up to the moment the amount of stolen property has not been determined, but information was obtained from that a safe homemade possessed was violated, another reason by which police officers seconded to the Directorate of criminal investigations (Dicrim), activate the research and are hypothesized that the motive was robbery.

Neighbour of the apartment where was completed the Italian stated that Mazzoleni had good behavior, was good neighbour, that had bought that place made much time.

Aldo Mazzoleni's corpse was found in the middle of a puddle of blood in the kitchen of an apartment of your property, in where according to locals lived.

YC if you live openly in such a town and have assets (wealthy and that is relative )a foreigner will always be at risk and needs to take sensible precautions in the current wave of crime that has been affecting the population at large.

BC is a rough place to live these days with a serious delinquency problem overflowing from nearby delinquency filled poor barrios of Santo Domingo East where murders are daily events.....example...

http://www.elnuevodiario.com.do/app/article.aspx?id=496561

If you mix tourism, foreigners, gangs, drugs and prostitution there are risks and the new mayor knows it.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
http://www.elcaribe.com.do/2016/09/...ca-residia-pais-presume-que-fue-para-robarle#

El Caribe has updated their report.

Same guy but 74 years old with lots of property, wives and children. Home safe broken into. Robbery but by someone known perhaps....web translation....

Boca Chica- Not the dead alien was a tourist stabbed the afternoon yesterday in Boca Chica, but an Italian resident in the country, which had obtained goods and created family. Is believed that reason of his death could have been the theft.

The victim was identified as Aldo Mazzoleni, 74-year-old, who possessed some at least eight apartments in Boca Chica, several vehicles and up to credits in business of the place. He had three children with different women and resided only in one of their apartments in a street next to the Avenue in the South of this area.

It is presumed that the crime could have occurred by a person of full confidence and passionate character.

Up to the moment the amount of stolen property has not been determined, but information was obtained from that a safe homemade possessed was violated, another reason by which police officers seconded to the Directorate of criminal investigations (Dicrim), activate the research and are hypothesized that the motive was robbery.

Neighbour of the apartment where was completed the Italian stated that Mazzoleni had good behavior, was good neighbour, that had bought that place made much time.

Aldo Mazzoleni's corpse was found in the middle of a puddle of blood in the kitchen of an apartment of your property, in where according to locals lived.

YC if you live openly in such a town and have assets (wealthy and that is relative )a foreigner will always be at risk and needs to take sensible precautions in the current wave of crime that has been affecting the population at large.

BC is a rough place to live these days with a serious delinquency problem overflowing from nearby delinquency filled poor barrios of Santo Domingo East where murders are daily events.....example...

http://www.elnuevodiario.com.do/app/article.aspx?id=496561

If you mix tourism, foreigners, gangs, drugs and prostitution there are risks and the new mayor knows it.

You forgot to include poverty ;)

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
Here goes the chances of family tourism in Boca Chica, I guess they really can only go to one place - safely locked in Punta Cana AI resorts !!!

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
You forgot to include poverty ;)

Do you really think that poverty is the cause of this particular crime or indeed those recent crimes that have affected the expatriate population living in such places as here or the North Coast?

Are the persons who commit these crimes and who often ride motorbikes and own guns and who seek out their wealthier victims poor?

In the areas where real poverty exists in this country there is almost certainly less such crime than that we hear about affecting wealthier persons living in towns and cities. Wealth disparity is more the problem. Have you lived in the campo and lived alongside really poor people? If you had you would quickly realize they are proud and hard working people who rarely resort to violence other than the domestic/neighbor sort of argument. These type of people at best own a machete. In these communities the criminals fit the profile of younger males with motorbike who are linked to drugs and often own a gun.......your poor?

The OP mentioned it was a bad year for gringos and any loss of life is most unfortunate indeed. But it has been a far worse year for the Dominican public in general. If dv8 were to post all the reported violent crime printed in newspaper there would be little else on this forum. did she post the recent discovery of a young guy shot deal in Sosua supposedly to settle a drug debt? There have been other such crimes in Boca Chica too.

We must also remember that the unfortunate gringos affected by these crimes have chosen to live in the various communities. These crimes have barely touched the 6 million tourists who go to the resort hotels in the country and so family tourism does have it's benefits.

As a parting opinion, those that have suggested that the loss of a few jobs due to changes in closing hours in Sosua which is another resort like Boca Chica are clutching at straws. The greenbacks when passed to the hookers get recycled and a good chunk goes to the drug dealers and therein prospers the criminal element who go on to stalk out likely victims and commit such ugly crimes......maybe not in this case albeit the victim did get about a bit.

Bars, late night drinking, prostitution, gangs, drugs, and criminal activity are all linked in DR just like elsewhere in the world and to try and to try and justify an acceptance of such, in places such as Boca Chica, by bringing poverty into the argument is ill founded.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Poverty may be part of the root cause of some portion of violent crime such as robbery and home invasions. Those that don't have and want, can only come up with one way to get what they want within the applicable time frame.

The higher instances of criminality against Dominicans by Dominicans makes sense to me. Simply, there are more Dominicans than Foreigners. A ladrone will probably have to "stick up" many more Dominicans to get the same amount of money that they could get from one Plasma TV and home theater system. Many locals may not yet be able to afford many of the high value and easily sold items that are readily available in more affluent Foreigner occupied homes. There aren't that many such locations to choose from in the "campo".

I would also suspect that wealthier Dominicans are also targets of opportunity around the country. If a thief thinks you have something they want or something they can easily sell, sure, they consider taking it from you at some point.

Locals may feel more comfortable reporting and dealing with being the victims of crime than some Foreigners. I suspect being used to having some form of insurance from home, lots of Foreigners have it here. I haven't had to make a claim, but if I did and if the company paid out as expected, I'd just buy a new TV. That is far easier in my opinion than depending on the authorities to recover my missing property. About three weeks after I replace my TV, I would expect the ladrones to be back to take the new one too. Even if the Foreigner doesn't have insurance, chances are that in short order there would be a replacement TV in the living room again. The ladrones know this. For a less affluent Dominican family, it might be quite some time before that TV can be replaced. The ladrones know this too.

I would think that criminality is much like a business decision. Meet your objectives by procuring your needed items from sources most able to provide them, with the least amount of risk and the least investment in time and energy. This seems to point directly to places occupied by "Foreigners", first.

The same thought process can be applied to drive-by robberies. Who is most likely to have $100 USD in their pocket or purse? Certainly not the shoeshine guy or the or trinket guy walking down the street. Although I think some of those panhandlers in wheelchairs and crutches with missing limbs make out like bandits during the high season.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
As a parting opinion, those that have suggested that the loss of a few jobs due to changes in closing hours in Sosua which is another resort like Boca Chica are clutching at straws. The greenbacks when passed to the hookers get recycled and a good chunk goes to the drug dealers and therein prospers the criminal element who go on to stalk out likely victims and commit such ugly crimes......maybe not in this case albeit the victim did get about a bit.

Bars, late night drinking, prostitution, gangs, drugs, and criminal activity are all linked in DR just like elsewhere in the world and to try and to try and justify an acceptance of such, in places such as Boca Chica, by bringing poverty into the argument is ill founded.

You not are alone in thinking like that, and it is certainly true in the west when hookers can hardly (freely) operate unless they have pimps or others who take a cut (and almost all pimps are linked to drugs and criminal activity for sure) - and that is mostly due to the government and authorities regulations and restrictions.

The whole war on prostitution and human trafficking all around the world is based on that premise, which is in fact exasperated by more restriction - like a positive feedback loop, more restriction, more pimps, more criminal activities.

But that is not quite straight forward when it comes to the third-world countries where women have kids to feed and parents and grand parents to look after and they are in fact encouraged to go and sell and make money to take care of them (due to poverty). Of course they are boyfriend (pimps) to take care of too, but perhaps not so much as they let you believe - it is easier to blame drugs and criminals for this war than poverty.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Do you really think that poverty is the cause of this particular crime or indeed those
recent crimes that have affected the expatriate population living in such places as here or the North Coast?

Some people in this life are just criminal minded. I do believe poverty exasperates this problem.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller

But that is not quite straight forward when it comes to the third-world countries where women have kids to feed and parents and grand parents to look after and they are in fact encouraged to go and sell and make money to take care of them (due to poverty). Of course they are boyfriend (pimps) to take care of too, but perhaps not so much as they let you believe - it is easier to blame drugs and criminals for this war than poverty.

What war?

Impoverished women don't go to salons and manicurists three or more times a week, nor buy multitudes of high heel shoes, nor dresses everyday nor take drugs and drink like fish leaving very little for anyone else if anything. These are money grabbing deceitful con artists.

Don't get hood winked into believing this crap about hustlers being impoverished and believing you are the shining knights in white armor to the rescue. They are not poor with all the green backs they earn...quite the contrary.

It would open your eyes (if you could have the stomach for it) to live 24/7 for a few years alongside people who are poor in the campo and actually see that the women who go to work in resorts as sex workers are few and far between , are marginalized by their community and they live in relative luxury with regular trips to Western Union from distant fathers of their multiple offspring. Oh and be shown the known HIV infected girls too who still spend the weekends in the resorts.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Some people in this life are just criminal minded. I do believe poverty exasperates this problem.

I would agree that some characters do fall by the wayside and succumb to criminality but imo it is enhanced by a material world where the relatively wealthy live side by side with those who cannot afford the materialism modern life advertises rather than abject poverty. I could name some impoverished towns in this country where life remains largely untouched from the type of crime we now are encountering......but drugs have long arms.

Where you have real poverty, as it is defined, is in the remoter parts of the country......and those are not the places where the majority of the hustlers that ply the streets of Boca Chica and Sosua come from...the majority of those hustlers come what are defined as middle income places such as Santo Domingo, Santiago, the Cibao and San Cristobel not forgetting a large contingent from Haiti.

I know from your past posts that you have lived in some tough places so your opinion holds much more weight than some others and can't be disregarded. My opinion stems from living alongside real poverty for several years in the campo with a gained understanding of how a very few young ladies percentage wise get drawn away to other islands and resorts by both people that traffic them and relatives who have succumbed to the bright lights and have already been trapped. It is real hard for women who have worked as sex workers to return to their campos without the very thickest of skin because they get marginalized.

My gripe in all this is that the evils of drugs, gangs, prostitution, excessive drinking and so on in places such as Boca Chica does damage to a very successful tourism growth in DR. And any attempt to tackle it and suppress it including the unacceptable image of child prostitution in Boca Chica is good and perhaps also helps in the suppression of crimes such as happened to the Italian guy mentioned in the OP.

Last edited:

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
What war?

Impoverished women don't go to salons and manicurists three or more times a week, nor buy multitudes of high heel shoes, nor dresses everyday nor take drugs and drink like fish leaving very little for anyone else if anything. These are money grabbing deceitful con artists.

Don't get hood winked into believing this crap about hustlers being impoverished and believing you are the shining knights in white armor to the rescue. They are not poor with all the green backs they earn...quite the contrary.

It would open your eyes (if you could have the stomach for it) to live 24/7 for a few years alongside people who are poor in the campo and actually see that the women who go to work in resorts as sex workers are few and far between , are marginalized by their community and they live in relative luxury with regular trips to Western Union from distant fathers of their multiple offspring. Oh and be shown the known HIV infected girls too who still spend the weekends in the resorts.

I am afraid I totally disagree that poverty in DR and other third-world countries alike has nothing to do with crime, drugs, prostitution and corruption. Specially when a large proportion of the population lives in poverty while a few rich enjoy the wealth.

You can try and bring any argument you like (or your experience living in the campo) but poverty is one of the main reasons and is almost universally accepted. These issues are relatively less prevalent in rich countries with large middle class population.

I don't think many rich kids rolling in money end up as hookers, drug dealers or thieves, barring a few bored ones, but the poor population supplying the numbers for these categories.

And no, once in the money, the rich hookers and drug dealers and thieves won't be going back to live in the campo, they just make a bit of a contribution...

kapitan75

Jun 3, 2005
Prostitue, drugs, robberiea, all linked to drug addiction, scitzos. Something motivates the urge, the attraction of being a bad arsenal killer, things urban legends are made uf. There is no shame to the game. The vocals Chica street person does not care about no Italian espanol, tourists. They care about fast money.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
.....do these things make him a bad man? I would hazard to guess, many people have those things in their apartments.

Of course not, but don't expect everything cosy if you choose such a lifestyle in a sex resort and entertain accordingly. Bad things happen because you will be mixing with the local very low life that are attracted to such places.

The odds on less trouble will be better in Santiago or Santo Domingo in decent barrios imo.

Last edited:

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
Of course not, but don't expect everything cosy if you choose such a lifestyle in a sex resort and entertain accordingly. Bad things happen because you will be mixing with the local very low life that are attracted to such places.

The odds on less trouble will be better in Santiago or Santo Domingo in decent barrios imo.

That is absolutely right, and everything is relative, compare Santiago and Santo Domingo barrios to some Swiss or Singapore towns and see how safer those places are.

Ultimately he could have joined the order and entered a monastery as a monk, I doubt he would have faced any type of crime at all there.

And I bet there are relatively more dangerous places than Boca Chica that people choose to visit and/or live, who are we to criticize.

Rest in peace Italiano, hope he had a good life and enjoyed it the way he wanted......

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
I am afraid I totally disagree that poverty in DR and other third-world countries alike has nothing to do with crime, drugs, prostitution and corruption. Specially when a large proportion of the population lives in poverty while a few rich enjoy the wealth.

You can try and bring any argument you like (or your experience living in the campo) but poverty is one of the main reasons and is almost universally accepted. These issues are relatively less prevalent in rich countries with large middle class population.

I don't think many rich kids rolling in money end up as hookers, drug dealers or thieves, barring a few bored ones, but the poor population supplying the numbers for these categories.

And no, once in the money, the rich hookers and drug dealers and thieves won't be going back to live in the campo, they just make a bit of a contribution...

Poverty has nothing to do with it? It has everything to do with it.
Imagine growing up and most of the times only having one meal a day, you don't think being malnourished, very little education etc doesn't have an affect on the brain and behavior?
http://dr1.com/forums/showthread.php/158635-20-of-Dominicans-have-mental-health-problems?highlight=