New JCE Office in Veron

Jan 7, 2016
With the opening of this office in Veron, will it now be possible to do Residency Renewals and obtain Cedulas at this office without having to go to Santo Domingo? Anybody have any information on this opening?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Residency renewals moved to an office in Ver?n a couple of years ago, in Plaza Velero.
That office has since moved to Punta Cana Village - it's above Wendy's/Happy Birthday Gifts.
As far as I know foreigners' cedulas still need to be renewed in Santo Domingo.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It does say they will be renewing foreigner c?dulas but would be good to have this confirmed.

Arrancaron las operaciones en la JCE de Veron. Pueden ir a sacar su c?dula tanto dominicano como extranjeros, casamientos, acta de nacimiento de cuarquier pueblo, transcripci?n, declaraci?n nacimientos oportunos y tardios, actas de difunciones, actas para fines de c?dula y escolares, etc. Para m?s informaci?n llamar 8095529906.

(Trying to resist commenting on the so-called journalist's spelling)

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
It does say they will be renewing foreigner c?dulas but would be good to have this confirmed.

(Trying to resist commenting on the so-called journalist's spelling)

lol I got tired of correcting them. They told me once that the intention was to get the news out. I answered that if as a foreigner speaking Spanish as a third language I could correct them, that they should perhaps take a few seconds to run a spellcheck first before posting if they didn't know how to write. On this post I actually had the *cualquier ready to hit enter but changed my mind. They'll never change...

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
There are already several posts poking fun at it. I might start following BD again, but that particularly got on my nerves.

Jan 7, 2016
The below information on OUR Website does not offer much information. Would really appreciate any elaboration that can be offered.

From D.R.1 Daily News, 7 September 2016:

New civil registry offices in Ver?n
The east coast town of Ver?n now has a new building housing the civil registry, ID services.

The new Central Electoral Board (JCE) facility reportedly cost RD$29.6 million to build.

The JCE also announced new offices in Comendador (El?as Pi?a), Azua, Villa Mella, Guerra, Nigua and La Vega as part of the decentralization process of civil registry services.