View Poll Results: Do you regret moving to the Dominican Republic?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely

12 13.95%
  • Somewhat

9 10.47%
  • A little

8 9.30%
  • No

54 62.79%
  • Not sure

3 3.49%
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Do you regret moving to the Dominican Republic?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    What is SO difficult about keeping posts DR RELATED???
    maybe i am wrong, but i thought Dominicans in another country are Dominican related, if only by ancestry...

2. Dislikes hard times doug disliked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by irishpaddy View Post
    JUST A QUESTION ....why did you allow them to move in ?
    It was her home to begin with and i moved in to her home. They were her kids, I, at the time i left, invited her to leave with me and we'd find a place without the kids, but she said she had to help her kids, I answered that I didn't.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    maybe i am wrong, but i thought Dominicans in another country are Dominican related, if only by ancestry...

Yes, you're wrong.  This thread is about regretting or not regretting moving to DR.  None of the last bunch of posts even vaguely resemble that.  

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

5. Likes hard times doug, dulce liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    What I know of the poor Dominican males is "Marry my mother and then we can all live off you."
    I was with a woman for almost 3 years, at first her 19 year old son was with us a limp wristed gay guy, I accepted him, then when I was supporting him his older sister moved in with us with her baby, OK she didn't have any idea of working any more than her mommy did, nor her brother, then later the older son moved in too. He had a job, but refused to help with any household expenses. I was the rich gringo all that was on my shoulders. Those are my experiences with poor Dominicans.
    Der Fish
    Every guy I know who married a woman with kids from a previous marriage has problems. I thought it was just me for a time.
    After a few years of the kids I asked my Dominican wife one day if there was a time limit on the children living with us? "No". So you mean they could be 40 and still be in the same house with us? "If they want to". My wife is such a wonderful person they would be crazy to leave. The good part is she has them paying the electric bill, water bill, cable bill and from time to time goes shopping on their credit cards. Now its my turn to leave every light on in the house. Who does not love a little payback?

7. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    I never learn...
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL. My stepson went off to university as soon as he finished university and has been on his own since. He is now 27 as of today and rarely asks for anything and would never live at home under the controlling mother or grandmother. Never had an ounce of problems with him. Good kid , establishing himself well. He lived with me from age 10 and got along well with both my sons.Just to make this about the DR I dont regret moving here but I doubt my stepson will ever leave Canada

9. Likes Fulano2 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    What is SO difficult about keeping posts DR RELATED???
    I suspect its because some of your posters have the attention span of a trump, and are easily distracted by shiny objects.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

some a you guys made some good points regarding the helpfullness of people

i will def agree that in the city people are not as helpful as in towns, rural, or villages outside of the city in any place of the world. however, DR is a very poor country and ppl are still helpful despite the fact that they had to endure their life with struggle and no comfort, if it was any rich man or well off person they will flick you off if u ask for help with the simplest things that have nothing to do with money or shelter at all.

When i was driving by villas agricolas my car stopped due to overheating in ave juan pablo duarte in the afternoon with a ton a traffic, i have to admit that just getting out a the car it was a pain in the ass since they were pretty much blocking my way out of the car, BUT the people (pedestrians) in the area walking helped us push the car to a local mechanic/garage which by the luck of god was close by, and the mechanic fixed my car and we picked it up the next day so, it was a lot of help, i never recieved any of that in the states

12. Likes RDKNIGHT, Harleysrock liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Been back almost a month and loving it!
    LCccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

14. Likes Harleysrock, 2dlight liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

How can you not love this Island... I love every minute of my time here.. never know what to expect or happen..

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718