bella vista armored car heist

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
el asalto se realiz? con armas de alto calibre, y los delincuentes dispararon de manera indiscriminada.

things in DR are heating up.

Natu

Jan 20, 2013
Whoever did this is not your usual opportunist in a motorcicle, this was a planned operation.

GioMed

Oct 6, 2011
2 guys on a bike..I say outlaw 2 men on a bike
criminal activity will be reduced by 40%
(speculation on my part, of course)

islandhopping

Nov 11, 2014
I hope the victim in the hospital makes a complete recovery both physically and mentally.
I frequently visited that mall and the area 2 weeks ago. In the future, I will avoid being in proximity of bags of money.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
RD has so many armored vehicles for cash.

The system is more cashed based than US or Canada... they need to move it all the time.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Last week while going out back door there were two armored guards carrying loot right in front of me. I decided a bathroom break would be wise. I actually thought about if someone came to rob them, I may get caught up in crossfire. I am rarely that safety concious. Literally less than a week later, it went down. I agree this was not random. Glad I had walked back 15 minutes or so prior and that I didn't decide to stop at Nacional on way home. Probably would have but had a flight today so no need for last minute items. Luck I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rustxko

Aug 3, 2014
Reminds me of the tommy gun in the violin case from the old gangster days. I hope the injured guy turns out all right.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I'm surprised it happened in front. I've always seen them going out the back entrance.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I wonder is this has anything to do with it? Most of the armored car heist that have
taking place since I have living down here seem to involve the police (or former) at
some stage of the crime.

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/lo...-could-spur-Police-officers-to-quit-in-droves

Low pay could spur Police officers to quit in droves

Santo Domingo.- Dominican Anticorruption Alliance (ADOCCO) coordinator
Julio Cesar Tiburcio on Wednesday predicted mass resignation of National Police
officers in the coming days, including some of higher ranks.

He said the resignations of judges will also take place, due to what he affirms are
poor working conditions. He denounced that civil society sectors want to control the
judicial branch, to replace the work of the judges. He didn’t specify which sectors
seek to supplant the State.

"We have reports that mass resignations of judges from various jurisdictions will
occur soon, who are burdened by the pressures that some sectors exert against
them, to which the precarious conditions in which they work must be added,
" the legal professional said, interviewed on Super Canal Caribe.

Tiburcio’s comments comes in the heels of the approval of the National Police
statutory law, which despite their extremely low wages, bans officers from holding
other jobs, except as teachers.

Source: Dominican Today

Last edited:

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Last week while going out back door there were two armored guards carrying loot...

You're evolving. Like driving behind a loaded truck with a wobbly wheel, being in close proximity to a bag full of money is not usually the safest place to be for any great length of time in the DR or anywhere else for that matter.