Street Food - Santo Domingo

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Maybe a month or so ago someone posted info about a small area that sold late night street food. I believe the spot was on or near Gustavo Mejia Ricart.

I did the best I could to search for the thread on DR1, even went so far to check where I gave a like to the post and came up empty handed............

If someone knows the location or can post the link to the thread many thanks in advance..........

Just many times the DR1 search function and myself can't seem to work on the same page...............

Sep 4, 2012
You know what Chris Rock says about late night people right?

Anyways, what type of late night street food are you after?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
You know what Chris Rock says about late night people right?

Anyways, what type of late night street food are you after?

The thread that was posted was about simple stuff, papas con queso, a greasy hamburger, some tacos, simple stuff where you sit outdoors after a late movie and sip a few dozen beers to just have a nice night. I do remember it was in the Naco or Piatini section of SD.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I love Santo Domingo but the street food
here in Santiago is much better.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
If you want to search DR1 - use google and just put DR1 after what you want to search for. I search "Food trucks santo domingo DR1"and hey presto there it was.

dr1.com/forums/showthread.php/158383-Food-trucks-in-the-DR!!
Aug 5, 2016 - 10 posts - ‎4 authors
Here in DR we can find a place where there are many Food Trucks, with ... The place is Santo Domingo, lope de vega street next to Lincoln street.

However, when you click on it you get this message: No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator.

Looks like a DR1 glitch and not you lol. But at least google gives the location for you.

Matilda

Sep 4, 2012
Lincoln, between Sarasota and Bolivar. Another spot was Gustavo Mejia Ricart, block between Churchill and Lincoln

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
If you want to search DR1 - use google and just put DR1 after what you want to search for. I search "Food trucks santo domingo DR1"and hey presto there it was.

dr1.com/forums/showthread.php/158383-Food-trucks-in-the-DR!!
Aug 5, 2016 - 10 posts - ‎4 authors
Here in DR we can find a place where there are many Food Trucks, with ... The place is Santo Domingo, lope de vega street next to Lincoln street.

However, when you click on it you get this message: No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator.

Looks like a DR1 glitch and not you lol. But at least google gives the location for you.

Matilda

ROTFLMAO, I tried the Google search a few times using DR1 and sometimes great results most times a lost thread. I have no clue where that thread went. The OP called himself a "foodie" so I used that term and ziltch. Just shaking my head how the DR1 search function can be so screwed up but for some people it works great.

Now if DV8 can't find the thread it is lost in cyberspace...................

But thanks Matilda I will hunt down Lope de la Vega and Lincoln. Hopefully I can report back with indigestion and a full stomach tomorrow..............

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
best google syntax to use is:

site:dr1.com whatever you are searching for

site:dr1.com limits returns to those only on dr1.com

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
best google syntax to use is:

site:dr1.com whatever you are searching for

site:dr1.com limits returns to those only on dr1.com

Thanks Cdn_Gringo and a thanks to Matilda. I tried both and ........... well the same results. I just find it amusing how some posters will always say .... "Use the Search Function" when so often the search function is useless.......

wly9ad.jpg

DR1 search results will yield the above or so much gibberish it would take a year and a day to search through.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
They are literally everywhere at night. It's hard to go anywhere at night without seeing one. Any place that folks congregate, there are food stands.

Ever checked on the Malecon?

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
It was in Jardin Cabrerra Vidal on Pablo Duarte right next door to Plaza Charo......pure rip off.... promised 26 stands.... only 10 food stands.... no presidente beer....only cans of heinekin at $150.... you had to pay $200 to enter.... scam......scam

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
I was never a big street food guy but there was one Chimi guy on Ave. Venezuela that sold so much I figured it was fresh, and it was. He was in between La Barrica and Cool Bar.
There is also Claudio's (I think that's it) a few blocks down Venezuela off to the right (big yellow trailer). He has been there for years and had good cheap food.