Help needed with SD travel connections

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
Hi
Will be arriving on a Thursday at 2.50pm on a flight (Spirit)
Would those who know please advise me on bus
Connections to the NC....Sosua?
If you know the last bus for Sosua and whether I could make it with that arrival time then please let me know.

Thanks

westcan

Sep 10, 2008

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Is there a connection/pickup at the Autopista?
Closer to the airport that way

If you travel light....
you can walk out near the main road & get a motoconcho.

The stop I'm talking about is 5-7 minutes from SDQ - just at the entry to the toll road north
You may need to go into SD for Sosua if the bus takes the westerly route

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
You have plenty of time. You can take a cab from the airport to Caribe Tours. Caribe Tours doesn't actually enter Sosua, It comes into Charramicos which is just before Sosua. If you are traveling light you can get a motor taxi (they wait at the bus stop) for 50 pesos or if you have a lot of bags there are taxis there as well. Metro bus service does go directly into Sosua but they don't have as many busses leaving Santo Domingo.
Ask for the express bus if possible and you will skip going through Santiago which saves about 45 minutes on the trip.

Aug 6, 2006
You can take a cab from the airport to the highway, or take a motoconcho (or perhaps two, one for your luggage if you have too large a bag to take with you one motoconcho.
motoconcho should be RD$200. Taxi perhaps $400.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If you have to resort to taking a Moto Concho from the airport I would suggest just staying home.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Some people travel like that (motoconcho) for the 'thrill' of it.

They enjoy the experience when they try to imitate the life of a local.
Makes them feel part of everything.

I find New Yorkers do it often...
ditch city life for a simple path - less trodden, as they say.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I take the guagua...

Drop my car at the shop.... guagua home

Guagua back to the shop to pick it up.

Interesting people at times on the bus.
Never, never have I been seated beside a future Miss RD
Quite a few 'former's'.... from a while ago.... like 50lbs ago....
but never an up & coming one.

I keep trying.........

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
You have plenty of time. You can take a cab from the airport to Caribe Tours. Caribe Tours doesn't actually enter Sosua, It comes into Charramicos which is just before Sosua. If you are traveling light you can get a motor taxi (they wait at the bus stop) for 50 pesos or if you have a lot of bags there are taxis there as well. Metro bus service does go directly into Sosua but they don't have as many busses leaving Santo Domingo.
Ask for the express bus if possible and you will skip going through Santiago which saves about 45 minutes on the trip.

Charramicos where Caribe Tours stops is a part of Sosua, just like El Batey where Metro stops is part of Sosua. The odds are that the Caribe Tours bus could be caught while Metro is unlikely due to the time.

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
Charramicos where Caribe Tours stops is a part of Sosua, just like El Batey where Metro stops is part of Sosua. The odds are that the Caribe Tours bus could be caught while Metro is unlikely due to the time.

I'm
Good about the destination end (used to live in Cabarete). It's just the SD end I needed help
With as have never flown I go there before

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Did we determine if there is a Sosua bus using the Autopista near the airport ?

Could go either way -
Autopista to Sosua or into SD and on to Sosua up west of SD

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
I take the guagua...

Drop my car at the shop.... guagua home

Guagua back to the shop to pick it up.

Interesting people at times on the bus.
Never, never have I been seated beside a future Miss RD
Quite a few 'former's'.... from a while ago.... like 50lbs ago....
but never an up & coming one.

I keep trying.........

Once i rode from Cabarete home to Puerto Plata with a young oversized boob pressed against my face for half the trip. I keep hoping for it to happen again, but it doesn't
Der Fish

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Had that been me.....

I would have kept feeding the driver 50 peso notes until I fainted......

Never - repeat, never - have I had any 'good fortune' on a publico of any type.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
They gave guaguas in Canada Willy?

To the Op, just take a taxi to CT and take the next bus out. It's a hot ride to SD from SDQ on a moto, don't think it.
And Los Charimicos Is in Sosua. Then if you are going to El Batey, take a Moto for 50 RD.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
The best advice is to get a taxi at SDQ and go to the CT bus station in the capitol. It may cost you $30-$40 but it's worth not having the hassle.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012

I lived in Sosua for a year plus and never heard anyone say Charramicos is part of Sosua. So do you think that Cabaraete is part of Sosua as well? All those little towns are part of the region of Puerto Plata but I believe all those north coast little towns are separate entities. Even if you are correct I doubt the OP is looking to go hang out in Charramicos.