Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anti-Littering Law Enforced in San Cristobal

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Anti-Littering Law Enforced in San Cristobal

Anti-Littering Law Enforced in San Cristobal

It's about time that at least ONE mayor is tackling this problem in DR. He's having litterers arrested.

Computer translation [color/bold is mine]:

Mayor of San Cristobal arrests six people for throwing trash in public places

By El Nacional - September 20, 2016

San CRISTOBAL- The municipality of San Cristobal reported that arrested a group of people dedicated to deposit garbage in prohibited places, despite the warning of the municipal authorities.

By a raid this week, led by the head of the Municipal Police, Nelson Odalis Soriano, were arrested Ender Raiders Bautista Herrera, Henry Bladimir Perez Tejeda, Iris Brioso Martínez, Juana de los Santos Medina, Juliana Espinosa and Reinaldo Enrique Benzant Falcon, among others.

The lawbreakers were referred to police headquarters to be subjected to the action of justice.

Mayor Nelson Guillen warned not allow the city to be overwhelmed by trash thrown by unscrupulous throwing solid waste in prohibited places.

With this arrest, are already dozens of people who will have to face justice for throwing garbage in the streets.

http://elnacional.com.do/alcaldia-de...ares-publicos/

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

2. Likes Peterj, corsair74, cobraboy, Billp, Drak and 2 others liked this post
    *** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post

It's about time that at least ONE mayor is tackling this problem in DR. He's having litterers arrested.

San CRISTOBAL- The municipality of San Cristobal reported that arrested a group of people dedicated to deposit garbage in prohibited places, despite the warning of the municipal authorities.

By a raid this week, led by the head of the Municipal Police, Nelson Odalis Soriano, were arrested Ender Raiders Bautista Herrera, Henry Bladimir Perez Tejeda, Iris Brioso Martínez, Juana de los Santos Medina, Juliana Espinosa and Reinaldo Enrique Benzant Falcon, among others.

The lawbreakers were referred to police headquarters to be subjected to the action of justice.

Mayor Nelson Guillen warned not allow the city to be overwhelmed by trash thrown by unscrupulous throwing solid waste in prohibited places.

With this arrest, are already dozens of people who will have to face justice for throwing garbage in the streets.

Sentence them to road clean-up.

Offer day-for-a-day sentence reduction for non-violent "trustees" in jail to also clean up the roads.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

(not that I would object clean street laws and their adherence to) - but being arrested by a municipal police? Those people must have been clowns when they allowed to get themselves arrested by a ... municipal police! Those people do not even carry guns!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Good.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post

Right on!!!!!!!!!! Some people are just ignorant and don't care what anyone else wants. I saw it over and over again on Playa Las Ballenas in LT. People that brought in food, had a bar-b-que and then left without cleaning up or at the least putting their bag of garbage into a can that was about 50 feet away. Leaving it on the ground is just an invitation for stray dogs to rip the bag apart. Sadly citizens of the DR are the biggest abusers, dispite garbage cans and signs posted saying do not leave garbage. Bring it in/ take it out. Many mornings I would go down the beach and pick up garbage. I felt this is my community and I wanted a clean beach. Simple as that.

7. Likes cbmitch9, irishpaddy liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

This is one of the main reasons we moved from San Cristobal to Bani. The trash in SC, especially Pueblo Nuevo, is piled up almost
    as if it was the local trash dump. It's about time the municipality did something about that. I personally know one of the garbage truck
    drivers in SC (his father was in charge (in some manner) of the garbage workers). Scam artists, no-show jobs, that's what they were doing.
    It's dirty all the way through. I wish the new mayor good luck and hopefully he will stick to his guns.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rubio_higuey View Post
    (not that I would object clean street laws and their adherence to) - but being arrested by a municipal police? Those people must have been clowns when they allowed to get themselves arrested by a ... municipal police! Those people do not even carry guns!
    The Municipal police in SC are some of the most useless pieces of crap I have ever seen. Utterly useless.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    Sentence them to road clean-up.

Offer day-for-a-day sentence reduction for non-violent "trustees" in jail to also clean up the roads.
    Sounds like a good idea but they probably would scam their way out of that also.

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cbmitch9 View Post
    Sounds like a good idea but they probably would scam their way out of that also.
    Chain gangs and striped coveralls...

12. Likes cbmitch9, irishpaddy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Same in Santiago.

14. Likes AlterEgo, CristoRey liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast