Sosua beach: best polish german/food

fuchs4d

Mar 7, 2004
Just heard that Siggi could not open his place due to illness for about a month.
Today there was not a single customer.

Best polish/german food.

Near the central stairs in 2nd row.

Please consider.
You will not be disappointed for excellent and affordable traditional food without Maggi.

Alexander

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i'm sorry to hear that. siggy is a great guy, i did not know he was sick.

been there few times, he has good food and is a great company.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
i think you have to talk to him in advance but he will do cabbage rolls, potato pancakes, stewed sausages and so on.

My favorite of all time are cabbage pierogis. They would make them by the thousands every Friday. They can keep the potato and cheese versions. Golumkis are OK, but not even close to pierogis. Not even one time did I ever have potato pancakes or stewed sausages at any of my relatives homes and all of my grandparents were from Poland, so I have no idea how those are.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Someone please tell me the restaurant. I don't live in Sosua but visit often with the girlfriend. All my grandparents came from Poland and those are the foods I ate growing up. I even made pierogis with the family once. THAT is a lot of work.

joe

Brain Donor!
Jan 12, 2016
Someone please tell me the restaurant. I don't live in Sosua but visit often with the girlfriend. All my grandparents came from Poland and those are the foods I ate growing up. I even made pierogis with the family once. THAT is a lot of work.

Mid beach, there's an open area that has access to the highway. Walk from the Sosua side towards Charimicos, hang a left up the trail towards the highway, on the left is Ziggy's. Seats maybe ten people in cramped quarters.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Mid beach, there's an open area that has access to the highway. Walk from the Sosua side towards Charimicos, hang a left up the trail towards the highway, on the left is Ziggy's. Seats maybe ten people in cramped quarters.

Thanks a lot. I should be there Wednesday. Someone mentioned soup. I don't remember what it is called in Polish but I was the only kid in my family that liked red beat soup. (Borsht for Russians). I have to gut up the potatoes and red beats for my mom when i visit and she makes it.
That might be the only place I eat when visiting Sosua in the future since there is no Polish food in Santiago or the capitol (at least that I am aware of).

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Just heard that Siggi could not open his place due to illness for about a month.
Today there was not a single customer.

Best polish/german food.

Near the central stairs in 2nd row.

Please consider.
You will not be disappointed for excellent and affordable traditional food without Maggi.

Alexander

Tough time of the year to open. No tourists until the holidays.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
so if your family did not make it it ain't real?

Where did I say that? I said they made almost none of what has been mentioned thus far.
Hence I have zero familiarity with those foods.

My mother was one of the worst cooks on the planet.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
polish foods have great variety. after new polish borders were established in 1945 there was much movement from the east to the west with people carrying their culinary traditions with them.

there are plenty of traditional foods that never made it to our table because it was not something popular in the area my parents came from.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
polish foods have great variety. after new polish borders were established in 1945 there was much movement from the east to the west with people carrying their culinary traditions with them.

there are plenty of traditional foods that never made it to our table because it was not something popular in the area my parents came from.

And probably why my grandparents and parents never had almost all of the things mentioned thus far.