Supermercado Sosua

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Heard today Supermercado Sosua is moving to the new building across from David's Tire. Too bad Citymarket wasn't re-cycled.
Can anyone confirm the rumor?

Aug 21, 2007
Heard today Supermercado Sosua is moving to the new building across from David's Tire. Too bad Citymarket wasn't re-cycled.

You amaze me. Must have your ear to the ground. Haven't heard a word. They are in an historical building, I believe. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Lindsey

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
I have seen the building under construction, but did not know it was for a supermarcado.

singletravel

Oct 13, 2003

I know the owners and its 100% true. They are very excited (they sorta lost their lease) and store will be 25% bigger. I shop their everyday, best prices and service (the cashier holds my Miami Herald everyday for me and the boys hold my diet pepsi also -- sometimes hard to find). I complained about poor bread selection and last week new bread :). It doesn't have the flash and selection as the "big boys" but its fast and does the job. Old Dominican family own it and they are great!

P.S. Think it was easier to build their own store then deal with the Russians who owned city market. Russians are very, very hard to deal with (think their is another thread on this)

singletravel

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I know the owners and its 100% true. They are very excited (they sorta lost their lease) and store will be 25% bigger. I shop their everyday, best prices and service (the cashier holds my Miami Herald everyday for me and the boys hold my diet pepsi also -- sometimes hard to find). I complained about poor bread selection and last week new bread :). It doesn't have the flash and selection as the "big boys" but its fast and does the job. Old Dominican family own it and they are great!

P.S. Think it was easier to build their own store then deal with the Russians who owned city market. Russians are very, very hard to deal with (think their is another thread on this)

singletravel

Kind of hard ? Closer to shooting a flaming arrow at a moving target using your feet while blind folded.
They are great when you are drinking with them (till they start singing) but separate business and Russian from the same sentence.