Flying from DR to London

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Any advice on which days, airports, airlines and cheapo ticket sites to use?

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
A friend is getting married in London in November....I have looked and the flights seem to run about $1100.00 rt from either POP or SDQ..I checked Iberia (out of SDQ layover in Madrid, flight time 13 hrs more or less) and WestJet (POP) which goes to Gatwick. Not sure when your going but that is the price I have come up with.

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
Try Skyscanner and search JFK to LHR sign up for price alerts if dates are flexible, add on Delta or Jet Blue SDQ to JFK usually around 450 $ roundtrip. SDQ direct to MAD or CDG is usually expensive.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
I'm flying back and forth to Europe a lot. I take two different routes.

1. Jetairfly from Santo Domingo to Brussels, and then a separate ticket to wherever you are going (be careful to allow a lot of time because often the flight is late, and i haven't had enough time to catch my connection flight--which is with a different airline, which meant i had to buy a whole new ticket.) The is the new Dreamliner planes; they're big, comfy, and beautiful.

2. Condor Airline from Puerto Plata to Frankfurt (it stops in Punta Cana), and then a connection flight to wherever in Europe you are going. Condor has an alliance with other airlines, so your connection flight is safe (unlike with Jetairfly). Do yourself and upgrade to their Economy Plus (or whatever its called), you egt bigger seats, free drinks, and all the movies you want to watch.

I'm still only seeing one long line, so, i cannot edit this if their are any mistakes.

Frank

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Any advice on which days, airports, airlines and cheapo ticket sites to use?

Very easy to go online and find that info. Go to a site that compares the flights from different airline and you will see the pricing. You will get the cheapest prices on the website on each airline.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I would say the cheapest way from DR to London would be Jetairfly from either PUJ or SDQ to Brussels, then the Eurostar train from Brussels to London.

The direct flights are: Thomson from PUJ or POP to Gatwick or Manchester, Thomas Cook from PUJ to Manchester and British Airways from PUJ to Gatwick. Not cheap though and it can be a challenge buying a round trip ticket originating in the DR.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Very easy to go online and find that info. Go to a site that compares the flights from different airline and you will see the pricing. You will get the cheapest prices on the website on each airline.
Certainly I've done that. The prices all seem high. I thought folks here who fly to Jolly 'Ol often may have some tricks...

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
I would say the cheapest way from DR to London would be Jetairfly from either PUJ or SDQ to Brussels, then the Eurostar train from Brussels to London.

The direct flights are: Thomson from PUJ or POP to Gatwick or Manchester, Thomas Cook from PUJ to Manchester and British Airways from PUJ to Gatwick. Not cheap though and it can be a challenge buying a round trip ticket originating in the DR.
The flights on Jetair seem reasonable. How much for the train, and how long would it take to get to London?

Bonus would be seeing some of the countryside. I've never been to Europe.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
The flights on Jetair seem reasonable. How much for the train, and how long would it take to get to London?

It's around a two hour journey. And it's quite easy from brussels airport to the Eurostar station, its a few stops off the metro train line.

It can be as cheap as 40 euros from Brussels to London. Worth doing in my opinion. Travel time is comparable to flying and the train leaves you right in downtown London. The view is nice too.

http://www.eurostar.com/be-en/calendar/brussels-london

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
CB
Thru MIA works too, Virgin is a good way to go.

POP-MIA, then MIA-LHR
Carolyn has done that

Return calls for overnite in MIA

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Good time for Americans to go to UK.

Pound has taken another hammering.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
eurowings, mentioned by joe, flies from POP to FRA. it's the biggest german hub airport so connections to london are frequent and many can be dirt cheap.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Prices are best with advance booking. Very popular route.