David Ortiz tribute mowed into centerfield

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I am truly at a loss for words.

Except for this:

The Yankees just swept the Red Sucks. Alas and a lack , too little too late, the Yankees have been eliminated.

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010

Except for this:

The Yankees just swept the Red Sucks. Alas and a lack , too little too late, the Yankees have been eliminated.

The Red Sox were all hung over from winning the American League East.......(The toughest in baseball)

and going from last place to to first place in one year.......

The Red Sox won the games that mattered......

The Yankees........well........You must admit.....THEY DO S-UCK BIG TIME.....

It's ok......

I heard most of them are pretty good golfers.......

Don't even get me started on the Patriots beating other NFL
teams with a THIRD STRING QUARTERBACK.......

While the Jets..........??????....(No worries, I won't go there...)

Imagine being a sports fan from the Boston area?????

Naaaaa.......You couldn't.......

I get it.......

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014

Except for this:

The week before, the Red Sox swept the Yankmees, and won 11 straight.

From the start, everybody knew this was a transition year for the MFYs, and they're in the toughest division in baseball. Pretty amazing they kept it as close as they did for as long as they did with the team they have.

I myself will be singing along to a little bit of "Tessie" and looking forward, if not to actually eating one, to the idea of Fenway Franks in October. Go Sox!

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Ok Ok.

Never a spoil sport.

Congrats Red Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Ok Ok.

Never a spoil sport.

Congrats Red Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are truly a gentleman and a scallop.

I think the first thing the MFYs need to do in the off-season is unload that tub o' lard in the bullpen if they can. I know he still has another year left on his contract and he says he wants to keep going in the Bronx, but I don't know. I'd unload him if I were a Steinbrenner.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Imagine being a sports fan from the Boston area?????

With the exception of the Celtics, sports fans in Boston have been pretty happy lately.

Also remember, it's not just Boston; it's all of New England, down as far as New Haven, anyway, and that's when the invidious arm of the MFYs begins its stealthy takeover of hearts and minds that belong to Red Sox Nation.

:cheeky:

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
You are truly a gentleman and a scallop.

Why thank you for giving me a lunch suggestion.

seared_scallop_cg7p5636790c_th.jpg

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Yes, the Yankees sucked this year. After they threw in the towel they nearly came back.
Yes they need to dump Sabathia, who is not a bullpen but rather a starting pitcher.

Next year. I won't be watching another baseball game until then.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
He sits in the bullpen when he's not pitching. Or was that Jabba the Hutt that I saw on camera not long ago?

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
"Next year. I won't be watching another baseball game until then."

Not even if the Cubs make it to the Fall Classic? (And I believe they will; their record this year is sick.) I mean, that's history, man. Baseball disguised as history. Or history disguised as baseball. Take your pick.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
"Next year. I won't be watching another baseball game until then."

Not even if the Cubs make it to the Fall Classic? (And I believe they will; their record this year is sick.) I mean, that's history, man. Baseball disguised as history. Or history disguised as baseball. Take your pick.

I only watch Yankee games. Period.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
I only watch Yankee games. Period.

Yankee fans are so cute. You're like three-year olds that won't eat broccoli.

There is a whole big world o' baseball out there, with players like Mike Trout, and Adam Eaton, and Jordan Zimmerman, and Nelson Cruz (Dominican), and Ben Zobrist, and Mookie Betts, etc., and none of them are on the Yankees. Aren't you sort of cutting off your nose to spite your face?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Yankee fans are so cute. You're like three-year olds that won't eat broccoli.

There is a whole big world o' baseball out there, with players like Mike Trout, and Adam Eaton, and Jordan Zimmerman, and Nelson Cruz (Dominican), and Ben Zobrist, and Mookie Betts, etc., and none of them are on the Yankees. Aren't you sort of cutting off your nose to spite your face?

Not at all. No other team interests me in the least. No other team matters. I am a Yankee fan only. Always have been. I would like the Yankees to get Mike Trout, but that is the extent of my interest in such things.