Will Be In Santiago From NYC Until Oct. 19, 2016

Anna Lowell

Oct 1, 2016
Hi all! I'm a family doctor resident staying in Santiago until 10/19..looking to explore surrounding areas - beach, mountains, ecotours, museums etc on my days off if any recommendations or better yet if any travel buddies around! Safe travels -Anna

---
Saludos! Soy una doctora de medicina familiar de Nueva York y estoy trabajando en Santiago hasta el 19 de octubre. Me encantar?a explorar las zonas por aqu? si tiene recomendaciones. Gracias! -Ana

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Hola Doctora,
I have never found much in Santiago of interest to tourists past El Monumento and maybe a baseball game. But on the North Coast there is a lot to see. We have a cable car to the top of a local mountain that'll cost about $10.00 last I knew, we have a fort that was bult before 1600 AD And a water park called 27 waterfalls which is a natural park where visitors climb up the falls and slide back down them. Getting here from Santiago by the shortest road will bring you up to and thru a tunnel that when returning you can coast downhill from for 13 miles if you wish to be so foolish, but some do it to save on gasoline! And the other direction out of Puerto Plata will take you to Sosua where you can go zip lining at Monkey Jungle. Don't forget to stop in Maimon for the best seafood in the country. Why stay in Santiago? Maybe someone else can fill us in on what it has.
Der Fish

Anna Lowell

Oct 1, 2016
Hi, thank you so much for your response! I'm working at a hospital here but I'm free on weekends to take the bus to other areas. Would love to see the North Coast..I love nature, seafood, art, beach. I was hoping to find a tour group since I traveled alone..do you happen to know of any groups? Thanks again, looking forward to exploring this beautiful country.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
There are tours run by tour operators, but not sure any of them exist in Santiago.