Cone Coffee Filters ?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
OK I have a Cuisinart coffee maker. Love my coffee each morning and often in the afternoon I am now almost out of cone paper coffee filters that I brought in from the States. I have looked high and low including La Sirena with no luck.
Tomorrow I will use my last ones and I don't want to improvise flat bottom filters which is a mess.
Someone here must no where they are sold locally. I'll buy a bag full.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
I've bought them at Pola and Nacional. Normally by the toothpicks, napkins and such.

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
you can find them in sosua at the plaza internacional, where encargo is located, ...there is a german store who sells german products. they have them. enjoy your coffee :

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
OK I have a Cuisinart coffee maker. Love my coffee each morning and often in the afternoon I am now almost out of cone paper coffee filters that I brought in from the States. I have looked high and low including La Sirena with no luck.
Tomorrow I will use my last ones and I don't want to improvise flat bottom filters which is a mess.
Someone here must no where they are sold locally. I'll buy a bag full.

Paper towels work in a pinch.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
Have you tried the Dollar Shop? Just a thought, I do not know if they do carry them.

botemon

Jun 28, 2008
Just picked some up a few days ago at Playero while in Sosua. Hope I spelled that right. Its the great store at the stop light.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Just get a permanent cone screen filter.

No the permanent filters are too messy and require rinsing, with grounds going down the sink.*
And folding flat ones usually results in them falling in and water flows around.*
I just want paper cones. I didn't retire to spend my life fiddle farting with my coffee.*
I've got other things in the DR which complicate life, coffee should not be one of those irritants.*

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
BTW, other retired people (like my mother) swore by dumping the coffee grinds down the drain.

Gives the pipes a good cleaning, she said.

suit yourself

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
No the permanent filters are too messy and require rinsing, with grounds going down the sink.*
And folding flat ones usually results in them falling in and water flows around.*
I just want paper cones. I didn't retire to spend my life fiddle farting with my coffee.*
I've got other things in the DR which complicate life, coffee should not be one of those irritants.*

Hardy any real work, dump the grounds in the trash and a quick rinse...

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
The permanent mesh filters always leave a fine coffee powder in the bottom of the pot. Paper is the way to go.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Then buy a greca, and make the best coffee with no muss, no fuss.

ddf26d23a83d9e68e135bf8ea4057d7f.jpg

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
My wife & mother say that.

They don't dissolve in septic tanks so if you go through a couple pounds of coffee a month, like me, plan on pumping that tank more often.
And like many old wives tales the grounds are not going to help pipes in any way and if they get time to settle in the pipes with congealed soap they make a nice mortar to plug the drain

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
They don't dissolve in septic tanks so if you go through a couple pounds of coffee a month, like me, plan on pumping that tank more often.
And like many old wives tales the grounds are not going to help pipes in any way and if they get time to settle in the pipes with congealed soap they make a nice mortar to plug the drain
It's rather delicate to tell a wife and mother they are wrong. ;)