Tricom overcharged me 3000 pesos

shorts

Dec 3, 2012
Tricom overcharged me 3000 pesos over two months, so approximately 1500 pesos a month, because of a "Premium HD Package" and a "Premium UFC Channel" that they stuck on the bill. They claim I got those free at my signup and after 12 months they began charging me for them. I never noticed I had the UFC channel but they claim it's in my original contract, which I don't believe for a second. Of course they don't have my original contract, and neither do I.

Arguing with them was like talking to a wall, so I signed the credit card slip with "VOID - Do Not Charge" so I shouldn't have a problem in getting the charge reversed. But the more I think about it, Tricom isn't going to just let it go, they'll probably put the charges back on but there could be further problems which I wouldn't want to get into.

Does anyone have any experience with getting Tricom to fix something like this over the phone, or spending less than 60 minutes in person? I don't mind having AMEX do the leg work for me, but it'd be better for all parties if Tricom would correct the bill so I'd like to go that route first.

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
Tricom overcharged me 3000 pesos over two months, so approximately 1500 pesos a month, because of a "Premium HD Package" and a "Premium UFC Channel" that they stuck on the bill. They claim I got those free at my signup and after 12 months they began charging me for them. I never noticed I had the UFC channel but they claim it's in my original contract, which I don't believe for a second. Of course they don't have my original contract, and neither do I.

Arguing with them was like talking to a wall, so I signed the credit card slip with "VOID - Do Not Charge" so I shouldn't have a problem in getting the charge reversed. But the more I think about it, Tricom isn't going to just let it go, they'll probably put the charges back on but there could be further problems which I wouldn't want to get into.

Does anyone have any experience with getting Tricom to fix something like this over the phone, or spending less than 60 minutes in person? I don't mind having AMEX do the leg work for me, but it'd be better for all parties if Tricom would correct the bill so I'd like to go that route first.

I had Tricom as my internet-provider, this was one huge disaster.
Had to go 3 times to Sto.Dgo. (I live in Bavaro) just to cancel the contract, they just kept sending invoice after invoice and tried to charge me for whatever they could think of, even had a Service-Charge, no idea for what.
I will not use Tricom the next 500 years.