Bulk Shipping - USA to Puerto Plata

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
Any ideas? Probably several 100 lbs each month. It's clothes, shoes, etc, so it could masquerade as personal items the first month, but obviously that cover story is will wear thin after a few months.

Also, anywhere to be wholesale clothes, shoes, etc. New or Used. In Nicaragua, the street vendors bought bales of clothes (not knowing their contents until later) that they would then trade and match with their fellow sellers. I thought I saw one store in Santiago like that.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Dominican shippers from NY or Miami in blue barrels is your best bet. Much has been posted here about that.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I have held off posting Windy........ but I agree with you.

This is a perfect example of setting up an account with an NYC mudanza.
They'll pick up and deliver..... pack, whatever is needed.

A frequent customer (as I am) gets treated well.

Mine is Awlida in Corona NY.... use my name and casa el Faro/Cabrera....he'll get it
there are many others

good luck

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Any ideas? Probably several 100 lbs each month. It's clothes, shoes, etc, so it could masquerade as personal items the first month, but obviously that cover story is will wear thin after a few months.

Also, anywhere to be wholesale clothes, shoes, etc. New or Used. In Nicaragua, the street vendors bought bales of clothes (not knowing their contents until later) that they would then trade and match with their fellow sellers. I thought I saw one store in Santiago like that.

Ropa de paca or paca de ropa, I think it is the first of those. Available in many places. I was told that these were bundles that had been donated to Haiti and were diverted to the DR for someone's profit.
Der Fish

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
Thanks all. I finally did find some shippers. I just needed some keywords to search on as "shipping" wasn't bringing a lot of joy. (Sorry on the FAQ. )

I think I'm at the barrel shipping level now.

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
I just did a quick inventory and I had to laugh. My girlfriend whinged when I brought about 120 blouses which are undeniably sexy and look great (personal opinion) on the darker Caribbean skin tones. "They will never sell." Oh course, she kept some for herself and the rest sold out in 3 days.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Thanks all. I finally did find some shippers. I just needed some keywords to search on as "shipping" wasn't bringing a lot of joy. (Sorry on the FAQ. )

I think I'm at the barrel shipping level now.

Around $150 a pop.*

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
I just did a quick inventory and I had to laugh. My girlfriend whinged when I brought about 120 blouses which are undeniably sexy and look great (personal opinion) on the darker Caribbean skin tones. "They will never sell." Oh course, she kept some for herself and the rest sold out in 3 days.

Are you familiar with Warehouse 1? Or maybe Warehouse # 1 It is near Crossville Tenn and have those 1 meter by one meter by one meter triple wall boxes of returned goods that can be bought for about $600.00 and shipped anywhere, fully manifested (meaning they have a complete list of the contents for aduana or anyone else to see what is in it and the price paid.) 10% of retail is what they claim. Some are tools, some are clothes some toys, jewelry,make up, etc. Problem is I couldn't find them on the internet! I ahve visited their warehouse. We used to pick up empty pallets there and sell them for $2.00 each We'd get 120 on our truck and it made the trip wiorth while! For a larger load try VIA Trading I get their emails on a regular basis but their loads are maybe 20 pallets or more for a price of $10,000 pr so.
Der Fish

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Scare up the barrels yourself and save a bundle.

The barrel costs more than the shipping.
With your own barrel should be less than $50 to ship

Jan 9, 2004

At the request of commercial retailers, Customs is cracking down on the mportation of clothing. How long it lasts is anybody's guess, just know that at some point you may receive a call from the shipper regarding taxes due.

This does not affect those who send a minimal amount of clothes in a barrel or box with other items, but rather barrels or boxes that are obvious to Customs to be commercial in nature.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2