Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Visitor visa for my wife

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cavok View Post
    I think it is still virtually impossible to get a visa for a spouse. I tried this summer and my wife was denied.

Just curious, but why are you recently putting an asterisk after all your sentences?
    The asterisks are free courtesy of a bug in this forum.*

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Peter, this is one of those things that would have gotten a reply from the Late CC.

No way Jose. cccccccccccc This would be my guess for his reply.

3. Likes JayinRD liked this post
    Dislikes AnnaC disliked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

At this very moment, they are giving out USA tourist visa like candy. My daughter's grandfather's brother (what would be the name for it?) just received 10 year visa. He is like 65 or so and only has a small colmadito in one of the Barrios of Haina. Not even a car to his name, though he has some land and other properties.

5. Likes jinty05, Aguaita29 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rubio_higuey View Post
    At this very moment, they are giving out USA tourist visa like candy. My daughter's grandfather's brother (what would be the name for it?) just received 10 year visa. He is like 65 or so and only has a small colmadito in one of the Barrios of Haina. Not even a car to his name, though he has some land and other properties.
    My wife didn't get any candy when she went there. A friend of mine who is a detective in Florida sponsored his girlfriend here who has a full time job. She didn't get any candy either.

7. Likes JayinRD liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

His age probably had a lot to do with the approval. He is more likely to return as he would have a hard time finding a way to support himself at that age in the States. And the fact that he owns property and a business. No matter how small.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

9. Likes trustquest liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cavok View Post
    My wife didn't get any candy when she went there. A friend of mine who is a detective in Florida sponsored his girlfriend here who has a full time job. She didn't get any candy either.
    You can not sponsor someone for a tourist visa. The applicant is asked if they will be paying for the trip, or if someone else will be paying. If your friend was paying, then his information would have been needed.

But the decision on whether to grant the visa or not is based on the likelihood that the applicant will return to DR. If they can demonstrate that this is the case through property titles, employment, family ties, etc. They are more likely to be approved.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

11. Likes AnnaC liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Trying to figure out if she had that done when she recently got her passport. She was fingerprinted but not sure if it was a scan or ink. As many of you have found out, they've started doing that for entry into DR.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I was trying to make this very point. They are indeed granting US Tourist Visas like confetti.......The girl in my partner's hair salon was granted one last week......she's unmarried with no children and her only income is $15,000 per m onth......she provided the Embassy with a letter that her uncle would buy her tickets

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeterInBrat View Post
    Trying to figure out if she had that done when she recently got her passport. She was fingerprinted but not sure if it was a scan or ink. As many of you have found out, they've started doing that for entry into DR.
    It doesn't matter what was done at the Dominican passport office. It must be done by US Immigration at the VAC.

15. Likes Derfish liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jinty05 View Post
    I was trying to make this very point. They are indeed granting US Tourist Visas like confetti.......The girl in my partner's hair salon was granted one last week......she's unmarried with no children and her only income is $15,000 per m onth......she provided the Embassy with a letter that her uncle would buy her tickets
    Do you have any statistics to back that up? Otherwise, I think you are just creating a false sense of hope for those looking to get a US tourist visa. I'm also aware of several cases just like you mentioned that you would think wouldn't stand a chance of getting a visa. I also know of just as many cases of people who have tried 2,3, 5 times w/o luck and were much more qualified than the girl you mentioned.

However, it's only going to cost you $160 to try. You never know, you might just get lucky.

17. Likes windeguy liked this post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast