General Questions

mmoar

Feb 21, 2002
I am travelling to DR this weekend, staying at Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus. Any feedback?
Also I have a 16 yearold with no photo ID from Canada,too late to do much now. Any ideas?
Last question. I could only get flights into Punta Cana, any suggestions to get to Laromana? Rental Car, Bus? Taxi?

Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus.

20 minutes from La Romana, taxi is quickest and not to expensive.
Better call your travel company about no photo id for 16 year old. They should have the answer for that.
How about a student card? I would go to a photo shop and have a photo taken and make a small id card on computer using card stock paper and have it laminated.Just a suggestion
Make sure you have birth certificate.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
The taxi will be expensive, about US$90. You could rent a car for less. It is a two hour drive to get from Punta Cana Airport to La Romana (Dominicus) area where your hotel is located.

You can go the way the locals get around and take a Bus to Higuey from the Bavaro bus terminal (will cost you about US$20 for the taxi to the terminal). The bus from Bavaro to Higuey is about RD$25 (less than US$2) and the bus to La Romana will be another RD$25. But the taxi to your hotel will be another US$40, so the hassle is not worth it.

First option, I would try harder to get a ticket into La Romana Airport. Your hotel would be so close.

If you have to fly into Punta Cana, I would switch hotels and stay at a Punta Cana/Bavaro hotel.

If not, I would suggest you rent the car and check out the sites on the way. the car will give you the liberty of touring the Ponce de Leon house, the Basilica de Higuey, also Altos de Chavon. Check out our travel pages (see Bavaro/Punta Cana, La Romana, Juan Dolio pages) for attractions that will be within your area.

rasilm

Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
Punta Cana / Bayahibe

Being just a little bit more accurate since this is my everyday business. Taxi rate from Punta Cana / Bayahibe is US$80.00 dollars and it is a 90 minutes drive (1 1/2 hour). Good luck!

Rafael

jeanette

Feb 2, 2002
Iberostar Hacienda

I want to go to this hotel too but if I could get a nonstop to Punta Cana I'd stay there. Try Iberostar Bavaro. It is gorgeous and has excellent reviews

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
Just a suggestion...

Maybe you can purchase a transfer through your travel agent and they can pick you up in a minivan. Sometimes you can get them for $40.00 RT.

doug

Jan 1, 2002
ID Question

For your Id problem.....get a photo of you child(passport photo is perfect) and take it to your laywer and get him to notorize it (make sure it has the embossed notorized stamp)and to attest that indeed it is the person who it says it is.....I've used this method in the past and had no problem.....run this by your travel agent! If you use this method please let me know how you make out..........Good Luck!