Are these cosmetic products sold in the DR?

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Need help with this. I want to know if any department store, supermarket, or pharmacy sell these two specific items, preferably in the Santiago area. If not, maybe in the capital. Yes, I know there are probably other products similar to these from another company that would cost less, but I need these specific two.

Sending them in a small package from the states is too cost prohibitive, and I don't know of anyone who is flying out there anytime soon from NYC to take them on a plane for me.

I just need the info-the name and location of the store, the prices, and the exact size in ounces. For anyone who can do this for me I will reciprocate any way I can. If you need something from NYC, I'll be flying out there within the next two months and would be happy to bring whatever you need within reason (I will not be able to fit a blonde mail-order bride in a maleta, so that's out :p:p:p).

v4lz4w.jpg

6h6hjn.jpg

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Need help with this. I want to know if any department store, supermarket, or pharmacy sell these two specific items, preferably in the Santiago area. If not, maybe in the capital. Yes, I know there are probably other products similar to these from another company that would cost less, but I need these specific two.

Sending them in a small package from the states is too cost prohibitive, and I don't know of anyone who is flying out there anytime soon from NYC to take them on a plane for me.

I just need the info-the name and location of the store, the prices, and the exact size in ounces. For anyone who can do this for me I will reciprocate any way I can. If you need something from NYC, I'll be flying out there within the next two months and would be happy to bring whatever you need within reason (I will not be able to fit a blonde mail-order bride in a maleta, so that's out :p:p:p).

v4lz4w.jpg

6h6hjn.jpg

no deal. Trump keeps getting mail order brides. i ain?t chopped liver.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
I recall having seen the brand here in a pharmacy if I remember correctly. *I?m pretty sure the larger chain pharmacies will have at least some options of this brand. *Ex. Farmacia Carol

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
berzin I am flying into santo domingo next Tuesday ...if you want I will be happy to bring for you

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I am pretty sure I've seen both products in the cosmetic area in La Sirena in Santiago, the one on the autopista. Perhaps somebody going to La Sirena can check it out.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Just in case. :)

$6.98 a jar is not that bad. IMOH

Thanks, but the price here in the states isn't the issue. I know how much it costs if I purchased them here. It's getting them to Santiago and avoiding the exorbitant shipping costs if for some reason this person cannot find them in Santiago or Santo Domingo.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
He get blow-up dolls with no batteries included. I at least can get the real thing, "pero no tienen papeles".

berzin I am flying into santo domingo next Tuesday ...if you want I will be happy to bring for you.

I'll send you a pm as soon as I hear from this person if they can get to the capital to pick the stuff up. I should here from them by tomorrow. Gracias in advance.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I'm going to Supermercado Nacional this morning and will check there.
Will try to check Pola (La Sirena) after that.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Negative at Supermercado Nacional and Pola (La Sirena).

Using BMcargo to ship here I estimate $200-$250 pesos.
If you can hand deliver to the shipper.

One of each product (Total weight for both about 1 lb?).

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Negative at Supermercado Nacional and Pola (La Sirena).

Using BMcargo to ship here I estimate $200-$250 pesos.
If you can hand deliver to the shipper.

One of each product (Total weight for both about 1 lb?).

Total weight for both items is under 2 lbs.

Is the shipping price of $200-$250 pesos the price from their base in Florida to the DR?

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Total weight for both items is under 2 lbs.

Is the shipping price of $200-$250 pesos the price from their base in Florida to the DR?

Yes, about $200 pesos per pound.

I tried searching for the Noxzema Deep Cleansing Cream Plus Moisturizers, that particular jar is VERY HARD to locate, tried Amazon, eBay, Walmart, Target, K-mart, Walgreen, general search.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
It is the height of irony that for a people that are often accused of always looking for the easiest way out of anything possible, they have to make everything difficult for US.

Thanks for your efforts, SantiagoDR. Much appreciated.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
Ask at the pharmacy Carol in Sosua, next to Pola. If they don't have it they will try to get it for you. Talk the lady in charge of the pharmacy, she is very helpful. Yes get it shipped via Business Mail is easy too, as others proposed. Take into consideration one pot lasts at least 4 months, divided the shipping costs by months...it is a nuisance of costs.