Look at how these people were evicted

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I suspect squatters. By law, a landowner HAS to evict or lose the land.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I saw absolutely nothing wrong with this video. I thought the police were more than
tolerant with these people?s bad behaviour. Had this been inner city America..*
chica would have been tased at the very least.. and shot dead at very worst.*

May 29, 2006
Looks like they are dismantling the shack, so agreed they are prob trespassing squatters. Better the PN than hired thugs, which is more common from what I hear.

SARAH KATZ

Jul 20, 2011
The old lady said they paid 30 million pesos and never received the papers from the seller .

Which is possible (tho maybe the 30 mil a bit optimistic!) - I was looking to buy somewhere for the education project in La Gran Parada - currently in a church (the church elders are not exactly keen on having a school but as it's just Mon-Fri and we do repairs etc........)

Half built house nearby - yup - had the papers - checked it out and definitely registered to the claimed owner. Wanted to meet her to negotiate - endless excuses (old/lives too far/I'm her nephew etc.) - further inquiries -> she died about 7 years ago :) :) BUT also discovered all of the properties in the area are bought/sold without title so possibly bad luck to the would-be seller (it has now been 'sold').

If you don't have the means or knowledge to do due diligence (and a good lawyer) there is always a danger the person will return/reclaim - that it doesn't happen much is fortunate.

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
Yep these are squatters. Many times they get their houses burned down, the owners were obviously civil and did things through the correct channels. I dont see what the problem is.

Jan 7, 2016
It appears the women were using their innate "chica bitchiness" to serve their own needs and publicity. The police were acting appropriately, and a lot less brute force than would be used in North America. Squatters are a really big problem in this Country and the government needs to address the issue, before it gets even worse.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
I saw absolutely nothing wrong with this video. I thought the police were more than
tolerant with these people?s bad behaviour. Had this been inner city America..*
chica would have been tased at the very least.. and shot dead at very worst.*

Yeah, they should have tazed her. They certainly had a "target rich" area to aim for.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Forced eviction is always the last option.

In almost all cases, the squatters were given ample notice several times.

kapitan75

Jun 3, 2005
Squatters have more rights in the USA.
But, what did these squatters expect , how long have they been there , how much invested?

Absentee landlords should have a goo persona de confiansa looking after things.
Lots of drama from the people there. You think you are going to push police around like they are not in charge is asking for it. Thank god no one was shot!