Arcoxia - A miracle drug

Status
Not open for further replies.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
A couple years ago I had some friends come to the DR and we were partying by the pool and drinking and I went onto the tile house porch, which had become wet from dripping swimsuits and I slipped and tweaked my hip when I did the cheerleader splits that no male in his 60s is capable of.

So the next morning I hobbled into the pharmacy and inquired what my help a really stiff feeling hip joint.

The pharmacist recommended Arcoxia, a drug I was not familiar with as it is not sold in the US, as the manufacturer has probably not paid the FDA thier extortion rate for approval . It comes in 30, 60, 90, & 120 mg. I opted for the 120 mg as I always over indulge.
I must say in 4 hours my hip pain was gone and I was no longer hobbling like Chester on Matt Dillon. I continued to take the tablets for a few days and my hip recovered fully.
So for you geezers, like me, or even youngsters who may have been over-exercising and have joint pain I recommend this drug available in the better farmacias here in DR. Some of you may have discovered it. Or Europeans may have known about it since it is legal there. I'd like to know if there are any down sides to this wonder drug ?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Google is your friend. *Merck makes it, and FDA wouldn't approve due to indications it could cause heart attacks.*

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
Arcoxia
Arcoxia is a prescription medicine that contains etoricoxib as its main ingredient. Arcoxia belongs to a group of medicines known as NSAIDs (Non Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs). These are generally used for symptom and pain relief in people suffering from a number of conditions like:
Osteoarthritis
Acute gouty arthritis
Rheumatoid Arthritis
Ankylosing Spondylitis
Chronic musculoskeletal pain
The function of NSAIDs is to block the action of cyclo-oxygenase, which is produced by the body in response to injury and certain diseases. This leads to pain, inflammation and swelling. Since NSAIDs block the production of substances that cause pain and inflammation, they effective relieve the discomfort associated with a number of diseases.
NSAIDs may be divided into two kinds: COX1 inhibitors and COX2 inhibitors. Arcoxia is a COX2 inhibitor which means that it is effective in pain relief but does not cause stomach irritation as in the case of COX1 inhibitors. Tradition medicines for pain relief, like ibuprofen, belong to the COX1 group, which is why consumption of such medicines causes inflammation of the stomach lining or stomach ulcers.
Osteoarthritis is a disease that attacks the joints wherein the cartilage between the joints breaks down leading to pain, inflammation and loss of movement. Osteoarthritis causes stiffness in the joints, pain and tenderness. The condition is very widespread and is the leading cause of pain and immobility in people over the age of 50.
Gouty arthritis is the result of the formation of gout crystals in certain joints. As a result, there is intense pain, inflammation and loss of movement.
Rheumatoid arthritis leads to pain, inflammation and stiffness in joints and other body organs.
Arcoxia relieves pain and inflammation in each of the above cases. The medicine acts fast and in some clinical studies, the onset of the action was within half an hour of consumption. The dosage of the medicine depends on the condition that is to be treated. For example, osteoarthritis is treated using Arcoxia 60mg taken once every day. Rheumatoid arthritis is treated with Arcoxia 90mg while gouty arthritis requires Arcoxia 120mg. During acute symptomatic intervals, patients may be required to use Arcoxia 120mg.
It must be remembered that Arcoxia does not cure the above diseases. Instead, it is used to relieve pain and inflammation.
The intake of Arcoxia could cause certain side effects like fatigue, dizziness, swelling of the legs, shortness of breath or chest pain. Thus, patients should be careful when they perform activities that require intense concentration. Arcoxia may not be recommended for patients who suffer from liver, heart or kidney diseases. Doctors may also recommend regular evaluation of the liver and kidney while taking the medicine.

https://canadadoctor.wordpress.com/2011/02/04/arcoxia/

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Google is your friend. *Merck makes it, and FDA wouldn't approve due to indications it could cause heart attacks.*

That's half the approved medications. I take Crestor 10 mg, but I know people that have had extremly adverse reactions, extreme muscle atrophy, cramps, heart issues, kidney or liver issues. If there is a warning best to start of with the smallest possible dose.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
A couple years ago I had some friends come to the DR and we were partying by the pool and drinking and I went onto the tile house porch, which had become wet from dripping swimsuits and I slipped and tweaked my hip when I did the cheerleader splits that no male in his 60s is capable of.

So the next morning I hobbled into the pharmacy and inquired what my help a really stiff feeling hip joint.

db0402f7ad911af60a6af78069e647dc.jpg

Take a yoga course...

Seriously...I would be very carefull with unapproved medicins here. Is there any control on the dose for example?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
db0402f7ad911af60a6af78069e647dc.jpg

Take a yoga course...

Seriously...I would be very carefull with unapproved medicines here. Is there any control on the dose for example?

Yoga ? really ? I could barely walk. I am not going to start yoga now. Yogurt OK. Arcoxia is not unapproved, it has been used for years in Europe just not the US. The FDA doesn't know everything and if you don't pay their extortion your drug is not approved. I do not take it on a regular basis, only at flare ups of joint pain.

Jan 7, 2016
It's a known fact that all NSAID drugs, including Advil, Naproxen and other same-type drugs increase the risk for Cardiac Events (ie: massive heart attacks). It is stated on the label packaging. Tylenol, if taken in too high a dosage concentration, can cause massive liver damage, that is irreversible and may require transplant. Whatever you take for pain, there are side-effects and untoward issues like sudden death and disability. You role your dice and you take your call...sometimes it's craps!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Any threads like this that are not specifically DR related, but have useful content move to OFF TOPIC.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.