Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Residency renewal online - has anyone tried?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cavok View Post
    On the thread about the new residency renewal insurance, a couple posters said the insurance could be purchased right there. I think one said there was a trailer outside and another said they now have a "booth" inside to purchase. Nobody mentioned anything about an online renewal?

Is the online renewal now mandatory(ie. you can no longer go there with your attorney or by yourself to renew a temporary residency and is there, or is there not, a place to by the insurance right there?

Mobile Office parked across the street to buy insurance. There is a BanReservas kiosk inside, not an office to buy insurance.

please note, finger partially covering camera lens not included in insurance coverage.......

2. Likes cavok, drstock liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    Mobile Office parked across the street to buy insurance. There is a BanReservas kiosk inside, not an office to buy insurance.

please note, finger partially covering camera lens not included in insurance coverage.......
    Thanks. The OP inpost #3 mentioned having to go to Santiago to get the insurance. Apparently, that's totally unnecessary. Things seem to be changing daily. I thought maybe the mobile office had been towed away.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. The OP inpost #3 mentioned having to go to Santiago to get the insurance. Apparently, that's totally unnecessary. Things seem to be changing daily. I thought maybe the mobile office had been towed away.
    That post was made by someone who lives in La Vega so probably for them easier to go to Santiago to get the insurance and not have to worry about doing it in la capital.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    That post was made by someone who lives in La Vega so probably for them easier to go to Santiago to get the insurance and not have to worry about doing it in la capital.
    What is there to worry about when doing it right at the DGM? Time consuming? Complicated?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

What is there to worry about when doing it right at the DGM? Time consuming? Complicated?
    If I wanted to do the application online then I'd have to buy the insurance before uploading and sending all of my documents.
    Otherwise, if I do it all in one go, yes I'd do it all in SD.
    The insurance company supplying the insurance only have about 4 offices in the country - hence the difficulty if you want to get it all and apply online.

7. Likes cavok liked this post
    Moderator - North Coast Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

yes, you need all documents ready to upload them into the system. then you need to supply paper version upon application, along with the photos.

North Coast Moderator

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

What is there to worry about when doing it right at the DGM?.....
    Anything and everything, this is the DR.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

So, seeing as it's still possible to do it all in one go in the capital... does anyone know if applying online makes things easier or quicker in anyway?
    I'm just trying to work out which way to do it.

11. Likes beachcomber liked this post
    99.9% Regular User
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't renewed online but from what others have written it seems to be an extra and unnecessary step. Fill out the form online, upload pics of all the docs, then later go to SD anyways and turn in all the paper. If there is any benefit to the applicant, it's not apparent from what others have said.

13. Likes cavok liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cdn_Gringo View Post
    I haven't renewed online but from what others have written it seems to be an extra and unnecessary step. Fill out the form online, upload pics of all the docs, then later go to SD anyways and turn in all the paper. If there is any benefit to the applicant, it's not apparent from what others have said.
    After reading this thread, *I have come to the same conclusion. *Where is the benefit?*

15. Likes rubio_higuey liked this post
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast