Where can we vacation in Samana?

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
My girlfriend and will be vacationing at Samana for a few days, so we're looking for a nice hotel or resort to stay in. We're looking for something quiet with a good beach and with little or no kids.

We're kinda tired of the all-inclusive resorts, but if they have included breakfast it'd be great. Our budget shouldn't go over $150/night.

We were considering The Bannister Hotel, but I'm not sure if they even have a beach. We like to walk on the beach, so a nice beach would be great.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
When? do you want to see whales? what level of accommodations do you want? How many days? With or without your own transport? You have to be more specific.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I was at Vista Mare in Samana in the summer, apartments, you can find options on VRBO. Very nice views, quiet beach and close to the village of Samana to make a trip to Cayo Levantado.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
My girlfriend and will be vacationing at Samana for a few days, so we're looking for a nice hotel or resort to stay in. We're looking for something quiet with a good beach and with little or no kids.

We're kinda tired of the all-inclusive resorts, but if they have included breakfast it'd be great. Our budget shouldn't go over $150/night.

We were considering The Bannister Hotel, but I'm not sure if they even have a beach. We like to walk on the beach, so a nice beach would be great.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Do you live in the DR? Why Samana City? The few beaches are not very good. When are you planning on going? I would go to Las Terrenas. Great beaches, for long walks, great choice of restaurants and accomodations. Good luck and good travels.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Check out the DR1 Samana Guide. With the exception of Taino Park that is closed, most of the rest is current.
http://dr1.com/travel/samanaguide.pdf

Take note there are basically three areas to Samana:
Samana City (where Bannister Hotel is located), Las Galeras and Las Terrenas.For beaches, Las Galeras and Las Terrenas are better.

This is off season. Most of the small hotels will love to have you. See the guide's list of hotels and look them up online or tour around when you are there to choose. Sometimes the hotels will give you the same or better rates than you can get online.

My suggestion (I wrote the guide) is to stay in the three areas -- Samana City, then Las Galeras and then Las Terrenas. They are far from each other and that way you can leisurely enjoy what each has to offer.

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
Thanks.

We live in DR and we have transportation. By Samana, I meant all of it including Las Terrenas.

We went to Vista Mare, and we liked it. The issue is that huge cliff that we have to take. Plus the beach is small and not that great.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Thanks.

We live in DR and we have transportation. By Samana, I meant all of it including Las Terrenas.

We went to Vista Mare, and we liked it. The issue is that huge cliff that we have to take. Plus the beach is small and not that great.

Go to Las Terrenas. Check out Hotel Aliesi or Hotel Colibri. Both are on Playa Las Ballenas. You can walk out of your hotel, cross the beach road and walk onto the beach.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Go to Las Terrenas. Check out Hotel Aliesi or Hotel Colibri. Both are on Playa Las Ballenas. You can walk out of your hotel, cross the beach road and walk onto the beach.

Not the best swimming beaches in front of the two mentioned hotels and they get kids at weekends too. The best place to swim on Playa Las Balenas is at the west end.

If you want quiet on a lovely beach Playa Bonita just west of the town, try Hotel Atlantis. It's a bit unique and away from it all and the owner is the French Consul and was the chef of a past French President. Gets some interesting visors at weekends including from the diplomatic core. Doesn't have a swimming pool yet, but if you like to explore the best of the best beaches in LT, you are on one.....which does get some surf in the winter season and the calm end is the east end.......and around the point you can begin to adventure Playa Coson which stretches for 13 kms with the best part being a half hour walk away from the small rio past Restaurant Luis and along in front of Casa Coson.

Breakfast is included and the food can be exceptional. Repeat it is quiet and perfect for relaxation and not everybody wants that. See details of hotel below.....it is in your budget too....

http://us.las-terrenas-live.com/las-terrenas/hotels-las-terrenas/atlantis-hotel.html

kapitan75

Jun 3, 2005
You have a car, you want quiet, want to explore?
I would suggest the samana grand in las galeras. It is all the way to the end of the road and a quick trip to playa rincon and other beaches. The area of las galeras feels like the old DR from the 70s.
The beach at samana grand is more calm bay, but it works. I prefer this area because of the isolation from the rest of DR. There are many beaches along the road from samana to las galeras, you can stop at anyone of them along the way to see whats good!