Halloween in the Dominican Republic

Alltimegreat

Nov 16, 2012
Is it celebrated with the trick or treating, haunted houses, and decoration like you would see in the US?

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Yep they do, especially in the barrio.
Even all the zinc and wooden shacks are very luxurious decorated and have trays full of candy on the tables in front of them and all the kids are dressed up like their favorite hero "Alltimegreat"!!!!
Do you have the street already named after you? :bunny:

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
I was humiliated. The kids in my building came to my door, and since we never observed Halloween, I had no idea it was even tonight and I had nothing for them. I mean, I guess they could have split an apple 5 ways......

Alltimegreat

Nov 16, 2012
Yep they do, especially in the barrio.
Even all the zinc and wooden shacks are very luxurious decorated and have trays full of candy on the tables in front of them and all the kids are dressed up like their favorite hero "Alltimegreat"!!!!
Do you have the street already named after you? :bunny:

Good to hear Dominicans enjoy the spirit of Halloween. Must be a world of difference from the Netherlands, where people are too cheap and stingy to spend a few euros on candy for kids.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Good to hear Dominicans enjoy the spirit of Halloween. Must be a world of difference from the Netherlands, where people are too cheap and stingy to spend a few euros on candy for kids.

Naaaahhh the Dutch are not stingy when it comes to their children. Halloween is an American thing and has been here only for the last couple of years and therefore it's celebrated differently. We don't give candy we give hot chocolate, frikandellen and kroketten and poffertjes.

The last one is specially for you.

habi

Oct 17, 2015
I still don't get that one...
All year around telling the kids not to talk to or take anything from strangers and theeeeeeeeeen... :D :D

Nov 2, 2016
All year around telling the kids not to talk to or take anything from strangers and theeeeeeeeeen... :D :D

Neighbors are not strangers, your kids might be playing their kids and more over it's festival of a community.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

that?s an easy one. in the Dominican Republic, or just about every other country on earth, nobody is deliberately going to give little children stuff which will harm them. the only people on this earth who seem to find it amusing and entertaining to put razor blades and thumb tacks in candy intended for kids is Americans. i do not know what the heck that is all about.