Bicycle tires

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Does anyone know where to get Bicycle tires replaced in the Sosua area??

thanks

Bob K

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
I searched the forum archives for you and some in the past have had good luck going to Iguana Mama's in Cabarete.

POP_DR

May 29, 2016
If you can come to Pop there are several places, one on Av. Luis Ginebra, one on Camino Real and one on the Malec?n.

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
You need to know what tyre size you need....should be written on the outside rim of the old tyre.
Bici shop pop is probably your best bet....far end of the malecon

Drak

Jul 7, 2015
On the right heading towards Puerto Plata passing through Los Charamicos (near Delancer), there is a small moto repuestos place.

They have inner tubes, if that's what you're looking for, although the selection is limited.

If you can't get to PP as suggested above, there's a new guy fixing / patching moto tires right by La Pulga on Pedro Clisante.

How long the patches work (or if he has any stock) I know not, but the cost is cheap for a patch...

habi

Oct 17, 2015
Depending on what quality and size of tires you are talking about you will be able to find some at Pappatera and Repuesto Cabarete (Charamicos).

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
Fora decent quality you will need to go to POP. Sylvie at 'Bici shop' on the Malecon can help you. If you just want middling quality you may find some sizes in Sosua at Cabrera Respuestos, just after the Charamichos red light (Direction to POP).Don't try waiting in line there.Push to the front or you will be all day.
Just a little further down the hill after the red light you will see a shop with a bike on the roof.(Right side) who may be able to help with cheap stuff as well.
I import mine from Amazon though.