carros publico along churchill avenue

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i would like to get from metro to bravo on churchill and back, stopping at krispy kremes too. is there any carro publico traveling along churchill i can take? what number? how much per ride? how long would it take to go back and forth?
would la sirena on the same avenue be better for shopping? i am looking for exported bread flour (pillbury or gold medal) and maybe some good hot sauce like franks.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
yes there is a carro publico and the fare is 30 pesos (fare went up Oct 21). If you are a walker you could walk there and carro publico back, twenty blocks or so but you can check out the stores on the way. La Sirena and Bravo are maybe two blocks apart.

I know they would have all purpose gold medal but not sure about bread flour.

check google maps for locations

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i know where both stores are although i've never been in any of them. it's not really that far but i will have my documents with me (going for residency) and it may be better to ride rather than walk? definitely a ride on the way back as i want to buy 5-7 bags of flour (5 lbs each). any carrito will do? i guess i can just check with the driver to be sure.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
going for residencia? do you need to take medical this trip? If so you have a lot of scooting around town to do...

Not sure if you signed up for Uber but that would really be an easy way to get things done.

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
yes there is a carro publico and the fare is 30 pesos (fare went up Oct 21). If you are a walker you could walk there and carro publico back, twenty blocks or so but you can check out the stores on the way. La Sirena and Bravo are maybe two blocks apart.

I know they would have all purpose gold medal but not sure about bread flour.

check google maps for locations

I would never pay 30 pesos for a carro concho. I will continue to pay 25 and it will have to be enough.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
did the medical already. no point in signing up for uber, i think my next solo trip to SD will be in 4 years time, ha ha ha.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I would never pay 30 pesos for a carro concho. I will continue to pay 25 and it will have to be enough.

and you would be kicked out on the street. The fare went from 25 to 30 pesos somewhere around October 21. All carro publicos (public taxis) had a notice posted in their vehicle. It is what it is................

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
did the medical already. no point in signing up for uber, i think my next solo trip to SD will be in 4 years time, ha ha ha.

OK, no need. So you are coming to pick up resident card and cedula? I went to DGM a few weeks ago and finally realized why north coasters HATE to come to SD for residence renewal. It is a real pain in the you know what.

bring a backpack to put the flour in, easier to haul

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Is about a 15 minute walk. I did the walk from Metro to Gustavo Mejia Ricart in 12 minutes, so add another three to get to Bravo.*

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
the issue is not really DGM/JCE for it takes as much time inside those offices whether you come from SD or from any other place. the problem is that it takes about 8 hours to get to SD and back. it all adds up and one really needs to rush to make it before the offices close and in order to make it to the last bus...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i need to do both, DGM, then JCE. if i have time i will go shopping. if not, i will catch metro to go back. basically, the metro leaves at 4 pm, 5 pm and 7 pm. DGM closes at 3 pm, i think, JCE at 4 pm.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
i need to do both, DGM, then JCE. if i have time i will go shopping. if not, i will catch metro to go back. basically, the metro leaves at 4 pm, 5 pm and 7 pm. DGM closes at 3 pm, i think, JCE at 4 pm.

Now if you want to try something new when you leave JCE which is out on Luperon (unless they moved) take the Metro tren back into SD Centro. You can get off at Churchill and JFK. Middle of day traffic the Metro is generally faster getting into town.

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
and you would be kicked out on the street. The fare went from 25 to 30 pesos somewhere around October 21. All carro publicos (public taxis) had a notice posted in their vehicle. It is what it is................

Not me, just watch and see