North Coast Roads Report: 2016-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 21, 2007
With all these rains, I have been driving through flooded roads on a regular basis, at times, putting myself in danger. Would those of you who live in Sosua, Puerto Plata, Cabarete, Sabaneta, and other North Coast areas please post here when and where the roads are flooded, especially when they are not passable. Also, if you know of bridges out, that information would help, too.

While I stayed home today, I have experienced flooding on the roads in front of SeaHorse Ranch and in Cabarete, in front of Esso. In Islabon, I saw extreme flooding just off the road. I saw photos of the turn in Sabaneta and wonder if it is still not passable.

I must go to Jamao tomorrow, and it would be beneficial to have a road report prior to leaving. I imagine others are in this same boat (did I really write that?).

Thanks for contributing.

Lindsey

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
just got it from a friend, carretera jamao al norte:

15g7afd.jpg

Aug 21, 2007
he says: "negative, there is no passing to jamao".

My contacts in Jamao tell me that this photos is not on their road, either above or below. They say, for now, the road is passable up to Jamao, the town.

Ask your friend how is the turn in Sabaneta.

Thanks.

Lindsey

Aug 21, 2007
Ohhhh.....after looking at your latest post, I think this was a pic of the carretara turistica, not the Sabaneta- Moca road via Jamao.

Now I understand.

Lindsey

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i think so too. you can still reach jamao via moca road as far as i understand.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
So the road is passable from Moca to the North Coast Road intersection through Jamoa & Sabaneta de Yasica?

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I don't think you can get there from Sabaneta as the bridge over the river is in two bits with a big gap in the middle! Facebook friend in Jamao said they were cut off.

Matila

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
I have read the bridge i n Jamoa has collapsed. Is that confirmed?

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
I don't think you can get there from Sabaneta as the bridge over the river is in two bits with a big gap in the middle! Facebook friend in Jamao said they were cut off.

Matila
That's what I thought.

Thanks for sparing 12 people some serious vacation grief.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Route 233 is open, but the area around the fault line can be problematic.

Looks like we get the scenic tour through SFM... :(

taleswrapper

Nov 14, 2016
Just went to Jamao today. Easy drive there from Sosua or Veragua but the bridge just after Jamao on the way to Moca has been washed out and is impassable. If you're just going to Jamao, you're fine.

With all these rains, I have been driving through flooded roads on a regular basis, at times, putting myself in danger. Would those of you who live in Sosua, Puerto Plata, Cabarete, Sabaneta, and other North Coast areas please post here when and where the roads are flooded, especially when they are not passable. Also, if you know of bridges out, that information would help, too.

While I stayed home today, I have experienced flooding on the roads in front of SeaHorse Ranch and in Cabarete, in front of Esso. In Islabon, I saw extreme flooding just off the road. I saw photos of the turn in Sabaneta and wonder if it is still not passable.

I must go to Jamao tomorrow, and it would be beneficial to have a road report prior to leaving. I imagine others are in this same boat (did I really write that?).

Thanks for contributing.

Lindsey

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
You cant pass through gaspar hernandez either right now 3' of water friggin unbelievable!!!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Route 233 is open, but the area around the fault line can be problematic.

Looks like we get the scenic tour through SFM... :(

let us know how that works out.

All of us in my area are struggling to learn that route...
it'll be a long time before we 'climb the hill' to la Cumbre again - I fear

Status
Not open for further replies.