Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cdngurl

Nov 15, 2016
Hi. Wondering if anyone can clarify something for me. I'm in a wonderful relationship ( so far) with a Dominican man working in a hotel. I recently visited him in his home town, and he had to call in sick for wirkin order to spend time with me. Today he told me he was fired because one of his bosses saw him out at the disco with me and friends. I hate to so nds skeptical and no, he has not asked me for money. Is there any way that anyone knows of for me to verify with the hotel if this is true? Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Hi.

You posted in The Successful Dominican Relationship thread.

That thread is for successful relationships over 5 years old.

I gave you your own thread.

Be nice posters. lol

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
Hi. Wondering if anyone can clarify something for me. I'm in a wonderful relationship ( so far) with a Dominican man working in a hotel. I recently visited him in his home town, and he had to call in sick for wirkin order to spend time with me. Today he told me he was fired because one of his bosses saw him out at the disco with me and friends. I hate to so nds skeptical and no, he has not asked me for money. Is there any way that anyone knows of for me to verify with the hotel if this is true? Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

Well, the fact that you're questioning it would indicated that your BS meter is twitching a bit. I'm afraid BS or being flexible with the truth is a very Dominican trait, so a dash of BS is quite normal. A giant heaping of BS is not (although still quite common).

If you're not serious, it's really not a problem. Enjoy your time here and let it go.

If you are serious, you have a problem. Responsible people here are very, very careful about their work. It's not like you can just blow off a minimum wage job and find three others before the week is out. Jobs are very, very difficult to find and often pay a starvation wage. There is no concept of sick time. If somebody wants time off, they get somebody to cover for them which is generally easy as Dominicans are very flexible. If they can't, they show up to work.

So, he's at least irresponsible and probably sees an opportunity worth jumping for. Work was just a casualty and it was a bummer anyways, so no great loss. Was he casual about telling you about the loss of work or was he highly concerned and embarrassed? If the former, well, you can draw your own conclusions.

If you feel comfortable, just go to the hotel and ask about this person. Even better, have a Dominican friend (amiga) go ask for you. Ask for a character reference. Did he work here? How long? Trustworthy? Is this a one time issue or is he a chronic problem?

If you're heart is involved, be very careful. It can be very daunting here and multiple partners is very common as well. You know your limits, so maintain them.

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
This move is right from the sankie manual: "the mark will blame herself for the loss of job and will feel compelled to offer income replacement". It's a classic. Dump the dude and move on, you already know where it's going from here.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
I would say that you need some sage advice and our esteemed poster ccccccccc would most likely say "walk don't run from this dude" or something like that.
If it quacks it is a duck.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Come on guys, this is serious , a man just lost his job just because he wanted to dance a little Bachata with his Gringa and True LOVE..... We need to be more empathetic here .. imagine how she feels . Hope the OP returns to give us some more details.

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
Take him to Nueva York or wherever else you reside and you will truly know who he is (only kidding). If you have doubts, you already now what to do. Sorry, but your storyline is all but too familiar.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016

COme back babe and give us chapter #2

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
Can someone please direct her to the threads which deal with hbthis. I don't know how to.*

To our new guest you will see that this is a classic ploy.*

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Call the hotel reception and ask for him.
They could say:
?. He never worked here we don't know him. That means he lied about his job or about his name.
B. He used to work here. In that case his next step is waiting for your emotional feelings offering pesos or the yankee one.
C. Yes hold on, I will call him. Then h? lied as well.

So it's a win-win situation.*

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Hi. Wondering if anyone can clarify something for me. I'm in a wonderful relationship ( so far) Is there any way that anyone knows of for me to verify with the hotel if this is true? Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.
I think it is a great time to escape before things get more serious and you are more mentally, financially and emotionally involved in the relationship. Plus, if he doesn't take his work seriously, I am pretty sure he'd bull**** you too. Why was he really fired? You can't tell it is actually the first time he does this. His boss must have already been unhappy with him in the first place.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

i cannot understand all these Canadian girls coming down to the DR and falling head over heels for some animation guy at the AI, who lives in his mother?s ?s spare *room. men must be really hard to come by in Canada, and these girls must be dying to get rid of all that pent up girlie glue. i mean, back home in Moose Testicles, Saskatchewan, she *would not give the time of day to Alex at the local Tim Horton?s , but she falls in looove with these mopes at the hotel.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
i cannot understand all these Canadian girls coming down to the DR and falling head over heels for some animation guy at the AI, who lives in his mother?s ?s spare *room. men must be really hard to come by in Canada, and these girls must be dying to get rid of all that pent up girlie glue. i mean, back home in Moose Testicles, Saskatchewan, she *would not give the time of day to Alex at the local Tim Horton?s , but she falls in looove with these mopes at the hotel.

I attribute it to a combination of booze, beaches and sunshine and the temptation of the exotic. Hormones kick in and intuition and intelligence get surpressed. These things are usually short lived and gullible men and women from all cultures are susceptible to these temptations. No big deal. Just another bump on life's road. The human heart is surprisingly resilient.*

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010

I hate to be nosey but are you here on vacation or do you live in the DR? If you live in another country than enjoy your time in the DR but I would be very careful continuing this relationship. Of course, you love the attention and so does he. It is very difficult to maintain this. I doubt the hotel would give out that info to you, however if you went in person and asked to speak with his departtment head you may be able to explain the circumstances and take the blame. It depends on how far you want to take this. Tread lightly and good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.