Gasoline

bichondad

Jan 19, 2002
What's the avarage price of gas [ $RD/gal ] in the DR these days and what is the maximum octane available?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Octane level varies!

Average costs about 26 pesos for "Premium"! The problem is that we have yet another "scandal" now involving;mixing Diesel("GASOIL") in the holding tanks of the gas stations! So who knows! Welcome to "Santo Domingo","No Problem"!CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Criss Colon's gas prices

Criss: It would be nice if you could tell everyone in this board if the price of gasoline you are quoting is here in DR or perhaps in your hometown in Kankakee, Illinois.

As far as I know, and I drive and buy my gas in DR, regular gasoline is at $31 pesos and Premium is at $38. That is unless you are mixing in Gasoil prices in it and making a total average. But in that case you would have to factor in consumption. You cannot average gas prices that way.

TW

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I could be "LOW"!

My driver puts gas in my van,and my "Chebbi Besir",and my wife asks for 500 pesos to put gas in her car,and it can,t hold 500 pesos of gas! Point is ,gas cost $2.00 a gallon(US) and it may contain "Gasoil"!CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc("Hometown", Streator,Illinois) close to Kankakee,but no "cigar"! ........and Tony C is not "Cold",unless there is a "cold-wave" in South Fla.!

Last edited:

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Average gas prices in DR

Bichondad:

I apologize for the misinformation I gave you. I have just been able to figure out how Criss arrived at his average of $26 per gallon. Unless you understood his last post, his wife fills half the tank with gasoil and the other half with regular gas. Why didn't I figure that one out?

You got me on this Criss!!!!!!

TW