Where can I buy foam in Bavaro Punta Cana

healimonster

Sep 29, 2015
The end game is that I am trying to replace cushions for our outdoor patio furniture. We had cushions from IKEA that basically dicentigrated in about 6 months. We returned them, got a refund, but IKEA is out of the question. So right now the plan is the ship (from the US) proper weather proof cushion covers and then have our property manager get foam cut to the right size for the cushions.

Does anyone know where someone can buy the foam for outdoor cushions?

Or good sugestion where to buy afforable outdoor cushions for patio furniture?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Healimonster

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
We had the same problem. We shipped down (mundanza box) the fabric and went to a large fabric store who had stacks of various thicknesses and firmness foam. I think we paid 900 pesos for a huge sheet, the size of a full or queen mattress, then used a razor to cut it to size. *We hired a local woman to make the covers with zippers.*

We chose a heavy canvas, but you can buy Sunbrella fabric on eBay*

We bought our foam in SAN Cristobal, which doesn't help you, but hopefully they have similar stores near you

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
There's a matress shop on the way into Higuey that sells foam. Its across from the Shell before the bridge. Also there are a few fabric stores in Higuey that sell foam and all sorts of fabric. Good prices too.*

healimonster

Sep 29, 2015
There's a matress shop on the way into Higuey that sells foam. Its across from the Shell before the bridge. Also there are a few fabric stores in Higuey that sell foam and all sorts of fabric. Good prices too.*

Thanks to both of you for the information. I am sure it will prove to be useful.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012

On the way from where, north of Bavaro or past the airport?

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
On the way from where, north of Bavaro or past the airport?

The location is Martinez (same owner as Tapiceria Martinez in Higuey). It is opposite the bomba Shell on the Punta Cana-Veron-Otra Banda-Higuey road less than an kilometer before the bridge that crosses into Higuey proper. Can't miss it. It is on the right side of the road at the crest of the hill just before the bomba. The distance is about 40-45 km from Punta Cana.

Regards,

PJT